Netflix and Can I Kiss You?

The two boys sat next to one another, so close that their legs were touching. Smitty was leaning on John’s shoulder while scrolling through his Instagram. The two where bored, not really involving themselves in the conversations their friends were having. Everyone had been drinking and while everyone else was rather hyper, the duo had gotten to the point where they were just tired.

“Wanna go to the room?” John asked his younger friend.

“Sure,” the smaller replied. The two stood up and shuffled off into the bedroom. John flopped down onto the bed and opened his arms up for Smitty to climb in bed next to him. “What? You trying to cuddle me?”

“Yes, bitch,” John sassed and Smitty laughed, crawling into the older man’s arms. John smiled; happy his friend was willing to cuddle with him. Smitty tucked his head into John’s chest and hugged him close. John let out a soft, comfortable sigh. John loved how soft he felt in his arms. “Wanna put something on the tv?” Smitty nodded slightly.

“Let’s watch a movie,” Smitty shifted to grab the remote off the nightstand, handing it to his taller friend. The boys flicked through Netflix, searching for something interesting. The title “Silent Hill” caught John’s attention. He looked down to lock eyes with his smaller friend. He loved Smitty’s eyes.

“Wanna watch Silent Sill?” He asked in a warm tone.

“Sure,” The younger replied with a shrug. John clicked play and cuddled into Smitty. The two boys were snuggled in one another’s arms, feeling warm and safe as they laid beneath the comforter.

John was half asleep as he watched the horror movie play on the screen in front of him. Meanwhile, his smaller counterpart was wide-eyed and clinging to him as he waited for an upcoming jumpscare. sadly, the poor boy’s anticipation only worked to his dismay. There was a sudden jumpscare far sooner than he expected, causing him to jolt a bit and shriek. John’s eyes shot open and he looked down to the boy in his arms, a bit spooked by the sudden loud sound.

“You okay?” He asked as the smaller had his face buried in his chest.

The younger sighed and muttered out a tired and slightly annoyed “Yeah.” John smiled down at him. He was just so cute.

“Awe, did you get scared?” Smitty laughed and rolled his eyes.

“Fuck off,” Smitty’s laugh was infectious, causing John to laugh with him.

“It’s okay, baby, I’ll protect you,” John cooed, only half joking as he squeezed the brunette tighter to him. The two laughed and snuggled into one another.

It was quiet for a moment, but only for a moment. Then Smitty quipped up a quiet “Baby?” John’s face flushed as he realized he had called Smitty baby.

“Oh, sorry, I wasn’t thinking about it,” John tried to dismiss it, and his feelings. He felt Smitty smile into his chest before the younger looked up to see his face.

“No, it’s okay. It was kinda sweet,” The younger blushed lightly. John’s face flushed deeper. He began to feel warm inside and his stomach flipped. He didn’t know how to take that statement, and the fact that he had feelings for Smitty only made him read further into it. Smitty cuddled closer into John’s chest. “I know you’ll protect me, John. You always do.” Smitty kissed the underside of his jaw and his cheeks flushed a deep red. John didn’t know he could even get that red. Smitty giggled at the visual. “You look like a tomato, dude.”

“Fuck off, this is your fault,” John joked and covered his face.

“No~” Smitty giggled and pulled John’s arms off of his face. “I wanna see you.” John’s arms dropped down to his sides, but he refused to look Smitty in the eye. Smitty crawled up to make John look at him. “Look at me, John.” The older boy did not budge. “Please, John?” John hesitantly looked over to his best friend.

“What?” He tried to ignore the pounding in his chest.

“Can I kiss you?” John’s face flushed again.

“You better not be fucking with me about this, Smit. I know that it’s obvious I have feelings for you, but please don’t play with my feelings like this-”

“John, I have feelings for you, too.” Smitty’s voice held a serious tone and his eyes looked sincere. “Why would I ever mess with you about this?”

“I- ” John looked away. “I don’t know… I guess I’m just worried that… that you’ll reject me.”

“John, you didn’t answer my question,” Smitty wanted to kiss him and show him how much he cares. How much he loves him. “Can I kiss you?” John looked into Smitty’s eyes and nodded hesitantly. Smitty leaned in and tenderly kissed his taller friends’ lips. The kiss was gentle, almost timid in nature. Their hands traced one another’s bodies softly. John sat up, leaning deeper into the kiss. Smitty’s hands found their way to John’s cheeks and John’s landed on Smitty’s hips. The taller pulled Smitty into his lap and kissed him more passionately.

“I love you,” He whispered as they parted momentarily.

“I love you, too. So much,” Smitty replied. Another sweet, deep kiss was shared between the two as the bedroom door flung open. The two jumped apart and turned their attention to the now open door.

“I- Oh, shit. My bad,” Grizzy said as he turned around, closing the door. The duo looked at one another and erupted into laughter.

“We should probably go see what he needed,” John said and Smitty nodded.

“Yeah, probably.” The two hopped up and walked out of the room to see their friends.

“You two fuckin’ in there?” quipped Tobi from the living room. The two boys started laughing.

“No, we were not fucking,” John laughed.

“Not yet,” Fitz laughed and the duo rolled their eyes.

“Whatever, man,” The boys smiled brightly, hands interlocked as their friends continued to tease them. The two didn’t mind though. They were just happy to finally be able to express how much they loved one another.