49

"So everyone didn't have any luck finding him," Namjoon states to the boys, who were sitting in a circle with JiHyun's school bag in the middle. The boys each take turns nodding their head no, each nod increasing their concerns. It was getting late, the sun slowly starting to set down.

"We thought he was at my dad's house, but he wasn't," Jimin says, looking over at Yoongi as he recollects what had happened a few hours ago.

"Do you have any other places in mind of where he could be?" Jungkook asks, looking at Jimin in a hopeful manner. Yoongi knew that Jimin was feeling a lot of pressure, but he couldn't tell the boy to calm down or not worry because it was evident that it was not a possibility.

"I don't know...I already said all of the places we have been together." Jimin responds, noticing that Yoongi was watching him. He understood why and smiled a smile that was filled with ease.

"Is there a special place you two only have?" Hoseok now asks, Jimin taking a moment to think. Just as Jimin prepares to nod his head no, a thought suddenly emerges and plays in his head.
_
"Jiminie look!" JiHyun says with a giggle as he runs to the metal fence surrounding a lake.

"Be careful! You'll fall if you keep running!" Jimin calls from behind, speeding his steps in order to catch up with the child. Both boys were walking back home, back when Jimin was still in high school.

"Look! The lake is so pretty!" JiHyun places his hands on top of the fence, trying his best to increase his height with his tippy-toes so all of his head could be above the railing of the fence. "I wish I'll be tall when I grow up." JiHyun softly comments to himself, but loud enough for Jimin to hear.

"You will, you'll be as tall as me!" Jimin cheerfully says, standing straight as a way to gloat his height.

"But you're not tall-" JiHyun lets out, Jimin's proud smile dying immediately.

"Excuse me? What did you say, little boy?" Jimin hurtfully mumbles, ambushing the little boy with tickles. The tickles didn't stop, Jihyun begging for forgiveness until Jimin finally acknowledges it and stops.

"Can this be our place?" The boy asks his very tall older brother.

"What do you mean?" A confused Jimin asks, not quite understanding the meaning of his question.

"Can this place be our place that both of us have with each other only? Like only we hang out with each other here! Our special spot." JiHyun cheerfully clarifies, looking at his brother to see his reply.

"Of course lovely, this can be our special place."

"Pinky promise?"

"Pinky promise." JiHyun reaches in for a hug, Jimin accepting it and lifts his brother off the ground.

"Thank you Jiminie, I love you," JiHyun hums in his brother's ear, hugging him tighter. After that day, both boys would always walk there after school and stay there for hours, talking about anything that was possible. From superheroes to time travel, anything could turn itself into the topic of the day for both boys.

It was a tradition for years until it wasn't. Jimin had to go off to college, and once he moved out, things were very different. He almost never saw his big brother anymore, and it made him sad. Whenever he asked his dad if he could see Jimin, his dad would instead give him a punch or slap in return along with a scream telling him to stop asking for him.

He never gave up, but boy did he miss the trips to that lake.

Their special spot.
_
"Wait- there's this place I always used to go with him when I was still in high school. We stopped going after I moved out because my dad wouldn't let me see him for a while. It's a lake." Jimin says as his memory stops playing in his mind. He had completely forgotten about that place, and that made him feel guilty.

"Where is it?" Yoongi eagerly asks, already commencing to get up and grab his car keys.

"It's by a bridge, near his school." Jimin rapidly gets up as well and walks with Yoongi to the door.

"Do you want us to come with you?" Namjoon asks the two boys nodding no.

"You guys should stay here. We'll be back with him." Jimin responds, Taehyung noticing his difference in tone and words.

"How do you know he's there for sure?" Jin questions, not wanting to raise his hopes up yet.

"I just know, I have a feeling." Jimin confidently declares, before heading out the door alongside Yoongi.