Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Modern day! First one, I know.

You are both 17, 16 if you want.

***********************

The music, you swore, was about to make you deaf. The crowd of teenagers, you swore, were getting riled up. The punch, you swore, was spiked.

This New Years party was not what you expected. Then again Snotlout wasn't known for small parties. He was known to host the most "legendary parties ever", as your best friend Astrid had said when she convinced you to come.

But that wasn't how she got you to come. No, not at all. But... a certain freckled face, auburn haired, super hot boy did. All Astrid need to say was "Hiccup will be there!" and you were demanding to know the address and time of the party.

Darn it, Astrid, you thought bitterly to yourself, pushing your way through the crowd of pumped up teens. Most were dancing to the music or dancing and talking to friends, although a few just stood, drinks in hand, yelling over the music to be heard by friends.

"Yeah! Yeah, baby!" Tuffnut shouted, dancing on a table.

"Tuffnut!" his twin sister, Ruffnut, shouted. "(Y/ N), help me with my idiotic brother." You chuckled and shook your head no. "Please, (Y/ N)."

"Why don't you just punch or kick him down like you usually do?" you joked, rolling your eyes.

Her face lit up like a child's on Snoggletog morning. "That's a good idea! Thanks, (Y/N)!" She turned and headed towards Tuffnut.

"Whoa! Ruff," you grabbed her shoulder. "Ruff, I was joking! I'll help you."

She sighed, both disappointed and relieved. "Thanks, (N/ N) [nickname]."

You helped Ruff get a drunk Tuff off the table and somewhat calm before deeming Ruff capable of handling Tuff on her own and walked off.

There wasn't a single person here old enough to drink. Why we're people so irresponsible and getting themselves drunk? "Stupid, irresponsible teenagers," you muttered to yourself, shoving your way through the rude, drunk, dancing, stupid, immature crowd of teenagers.

It was five minutes before the new year, and Hiccup had said to meet him out back five minutes before midnight and that he had something important to give you.

You saw him in the corner of the backyard, leaning against the fence. He had his hood on, hiding the sides of his face, a denim jacket that was open in the front, showing his dark green shirt, black jeans, and matching black sneakers. His auburn hair hung right over his dreamy emerald green eyes.

"H- hey, Hic," you stuttered. You use to call him Hic when he hung out with you, Ruff, Tuff, Snotlout, and Astrid, but the last few months he became distant from 'the gang', as he named your group of friends. "Y- you w- wanted t- to see me?"

"Yes," he said, bored.

"W- w- why is t- that?"

He sighed loudly. "Quit stuttering. It makes you sound nervous," he demanded, trying desperately to sound like he didn't care, but you swore that you heard a little emotion in his voice.

That's because I am nervous, Hic!  "O- okay. I- I'll t- t- try."

He tried to glare at you, but instead his gaze softened, showing concern. "I said stop." His voice failed him, showing concern.

"S- s- sorry." You began to shake with slight fear. What did he want?

Hiccup stopped leaning against the fence and took a small step forward, taking one hand out of his jacket pocket to reach out towards you. He stopped soon after he started and went back to his original position. "Don't be sorry," Scared, he added. Don't be scared, my sweet (Y/N). I'm so sorry for scaring you. I didn't mean to.