21. I'M NOT IN LOVE

| CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE |

I'M NOT IN LOVE.

CASSIOPEIA BLACK HAD NEVER BEEN in love. 

She had never felt the way she felt about Remus Lupin and that terrified her more than anything, even more than her own parents. She hated being terrified. The feeling left her exposed, she couldn't hide it and that's why she hated it.

Over the last few weeks, the black haired girl couldn't contain her happiness whenever she was around the werewolf. He made her smile even when she didn't want to. He made her more happy than she had ever thought she would be. So, instructively she did everything to avoid him, because whenever she felt happy the next feeling was sadness, and she wasn't ready for that, not physically and definitely not mentally.

The Slytherin would hide out in the library and at the Astronomy Tower. She would've stayed up in her dorm but it seemed that twiddle dee and tweedle dum were occupying that room far too much for her liking. 

Her nose was in her books, preparing for the O.W.L.s that were slowly but surely coming up. The last thing she needed right now was to be distracted by some boy. But, he wasn't just some boy. He was Remus Lupin. Her and her brother's best friend. The sweetest guy Cassiopeia had ever met. The only guy that made her feel special. That made her feel like she mattered.

Letting out an annoyed groan, the black haired girl threw her quill down before placing her forehead on her book, closing her eyes. It seemed like even revision was hard when the sandy-brown haired boy was stuck on her mind.

"You alright there, love?" Olivia's familiar voice echoed through Cass' ears. The blonde had been looking for the Slytherin girl everywhere and she certainly wasn't expecting to spot her best friend sitting in the back of the library, her head down on her book with almost a dozen other books opened on random pages all around her.

"No," Cass groaned, rolling her head slightly so she could look at Olivia as the blonde sat down on the spare seat.

"Tell your aunt Liv what's going on in that head of yours," Liv said with a teasing tone, she ruffled Cass' black locks to which the Slytherin girl didn't even slap her hand away like usual. 

"First of all, don't ever say that again," Cassiopeia listed off, still keeping her face planted firmly on the pages of her Defence Against the Dark Arts book, "Secondly, I can't stop thinking about him," She complained, moving her face so her nose was squashed up on the pages, her hair falling like a dark waterfall around her. 

"Aww, little Cassiopeia is in love," Liv cooed, a genuine smile graced her features.

"I'm not in love," The Slytherin grumbled.

"Yes, you are," Liv teased, "But it's okay. Love is great."

Cassiopeia scoffed, "It doesn't feel great."

Olivia rolled her eyes as she took out her homework from her bag and placed it on the desk; after moving some of Cass' opened books to the side, "It'll feel a hell of a lot better if you were to tell him how you feel."

The black haired girl finally lifted her head up, her eyes squinted as she looked at her best friend, "Pfft and what get rejected? No thanks."

"He isn't going to reject you," Liv her firmly, "How many times do I have to tell you that so that your stubborn ass gets it?"

"I'm not stubborn," Cass pouted.

The blonde sent her a pointed look.

"Okay, I'm stubborn," Cassiopeia sighed dramatically, "But I'm not in love!"

AN- Just want to say a massive thank you to those who are reading this. We are on #1 on the tag RemsLupin which is just incredible. I hope you're all staying safe out there and i love you all. Happy reading xxx