{9}

"Okay," Pope announced, jumping onto the porch, "So we didnt see anything, and we dont know anything. We need to have total and complete amnesia."

JJ eyed Brie who was sitting close to Kiara on the chair, twiddling with her fingers nervously. Kiara played with the ends of Brie's golden hair, seemingly trying to keep her calm after what happened at the dock.

JJ felt bad for her, knowing now what she had been through. He tried not to patronize her though. He knew that she hated being treated as if she was made of glass.

"Deny, deny, deny," JJ muttered, flicking his lighter in his hands and watching the flame flicker.

"Okay, we have to give Lana Grubbs that money," Kiara said, "Or it's bad karma."

JJ rolled his eyes and Brie shifted uncomfortably. Neither of them were willing to give up the cash that easily. It might be easy enough for Kiara to just pass that money on, but the rest of them were borderline broke.

"Not everyone can afford unlimited data plans Kiara," he shot back, "I think a lot of us have already had our fair share of bad karma, dont you? How much more could we get?"

"You really wanna test fate?" Kiara asked.

"JJ's right," Brie piped up, glancing up at him with those big green eyes. His heart warmed. Oh, man. "Giving that money in will just raise more questions. It's easier if we just keep it. Lord knows some of us need it."

"I actually agree with Brie," Pope said, "We could end up being implicated in a felony. We need to go dark."

"If that means we get to keep the money, then I agree," JJ said, looking out onto the water.

John B prodded him lightly in the chest. JJ already knew that his morals were much more rigid than he wished they were. No way was he going to let them keep that cash.

"I dont agree," John B said.

Wow, JJ thought, what a shocker.

"Why?" He snapped.

"Just think about it," John B said, calmly, "This is a dirtbag marine rat, and all of a sudden hes got a Grady White? I'm just saying."

Everyone stayed silent, contemplating what to make of the situation. Of course, they could never just settle things easily. The debate dragged on throughout the day.

The Pogues stood on the dock, fishing over the side. Pope, JJ and Brie were all still adament that they keep the money. Pope was more on their side in order to keep out of trouble, but JJ and Brie both knew that they wanted to keep the money for different reasons.

Kiara stayed firmly with the point that they should return the money, but Pope wasnt about to let his scholarship go down the drain that easily.

At first, JJ thought that John B was arguing that they should return the money too. But now it was seeming more and more like he had other plans.

"Alright, just think about it Pope," John B begged, "How does Scooter Grubbs get a Grady White?"

"Prostitution," Brie smirked. Kiara made a face of disgust. "What? Could make hella dollar in the right crowd. And, hey, the amount of money he had, I'm willing to consider my future career path."

JJ grinned in amusement.

"If you ever go into that line of work you just give me a shout," he joked, "I could make a loyal customer."

Brie gave him a look that made his mind go back to last night. The way that they had kissed and the way that her skin felt against his was something that he wouldnt ve able to forget easily. His grin wavered, nervously, and Brie smirked.