Chapter 124 - Fenir Greyback

and i oop...

 Al had finished all her tests by the end of the following week, but the Ancient Runes and Herbology sixth years were still stressing, meaning Al found herself repaying the favour to Hermione and testing her on her subjects. Ginny too was still stressing over OWLs, and snapped if any one of the four told her it was fine, no big deal. Al quite liked Ginny, and was very glad it was her Harry had chosen to date and not some weak-willed and annoying girl that followed him around like a lost puppy. Ginny was just cool.

 It had been Al's birthday the previous week, but she decided she wanted to celebrate it once everyone had finished their exams. She was finally going to open that bottle of firewhiskey.

 She was doing her usual prefect rounds, now extended by another hour because students seemed to be too light-hearted during the summer and forget the rules. It was dark outside, the corridors only lit by the flicker of torchlight and her watch told her it was nearing eleven-thirty. She passed by the bottom of the stairs to the astronomy tower, when she heard a scuffle behind her in the corridor she had just come from.

 She walked back purposefully, annoyed that she was going to have to do something other than walk about and think. She was going to have to tell students off, wake their heads of houses...such an inconvenience.

 But as Al neared the corner, a group came round it, walking just as purposefully. They weren't students. They were Death Eaters. Her heart plummeted. A group of seven, walking towards her, all wearing matching robes and masks except for one man with greasy, grey hair and a mucky face, whose teeth bared when he saw Al. And Draco, stood slightly behind him and frowning, his eyes growing wide when he saw Al.

 Her stomach churned as her heart rose to her throat, pounding in her ears. "What do we have here?" the man in front said and Al grabbed her wand from her pocket, preparing to fight a battle she knew she couldn't win. She raised it, her hand shaking ever so slightly.

 "Al," Draco's voice said softly, "Please. Go." He was begging her not to get involved, not to hurt herself. He did love her then. A feeling that was not reciprocated by Al.

 Al fired a silent stupefy at the man in the middle, trying to hold her ground. He deflected it with a sickening grin. "You're a pretty little thing, aren't you?" Al didn't respond, firing another stunner instead. The man chuckled, deflecting it. "Put your wand down, and I'll make this easy for you."

 "Greyback," Draco's voice said warningly, "We've got a job to do."

 "Greyback," Al repeated, looking between them, "Fenir Greyback?"

 "You've heard of me then?" Greyback said, continuing to step towards her. "That's nice. It'll make this a lot more enjoyable." Al fired an endless string of silent stunners, at him and the other Death Eaters, which they blocked and dodged, but none of them seemed to hit Greyback, who launched at her.

 He tore Al's wand from her hand and it clattered to the ground with a hollow wooden bounce. He pinned her to the floor by her wrists, and she struggled underneath him. If she could just free one of her hands, she'd be able to use her soul magic, but she couldn't aim it anywhere except the ceiling, that would only fall on top of her.

  Greyback brought his face next to hers and she shrunk away from the putrid smell of him. His breath smelled like something was rotting, and his too-small robes had the distinct odour of sweat. He inhaled sharply and deeply, smelling her scent, baring his teeth again. Everything was silent except the sounds of Al shuffling and Greyback's heavy breath. He moved one of her arms to underneath his knee, and began to undo her tie, which she resisted, pulling her neck away from him but he grabbed the end of it and pulled her back.

 He undid the top three buttons of the shirt, seeming to enjoy the way she was trying to break free. "Greyback," Draco said again, but with very little force behind it. Coward.

 "Go on without me," he said, looking greedily into Al's eyes, "I'm busy." Draco made no argument. Greyback undid the fourth button and pulled the sides of her shirt apart, revealing her collarbones and the top part of her chest. He let his yellow, pointed nails dance over the surface of her skin, the corners of his mouth turning up.

 Then without warning, he dug his nails in, piercing the first few layers of her flesh and she cried out unwillingly from the pain of it. Then, he dragged them slowly across in four lines, making her grind her teeth with pain until it was too much, and she shouted out again. She could feel hot blood dripping down her sides, soaking into her shirt and pouring down onto the floor into a small puddle around them.

 Greyback leaned down again, smelling the fresh blood pouring from her while she reluctantly let a few tears fall. "Didn't you enjoy that?" he whispered in her ear, "I did." He licked his lips and bent down again, his teeth so close to her throat she could feel the heat radiating from him, but a hurrying of footsteps caught his attention and he sat up and looked over his shoulder.

 "Get off her!" a familiar voice called, displaying an anger that Al had never heard before from that mouth. There was a bang and Greyback flew into the wall behind her head. She scrambled over to her wand, but as she got there a pair of hands turned her round. She raised her palm, ready to blast them to smithereens, but was met with the face of Remus Lupin.