Chapter 33

Chapter 33: Ducks, Suits, and Snow.

Perhaps you could read this slowly too

[Chip]

By the time Giselle was discharged from the hospital, Xander’s finals were long gone. Fortunately, that meant that he had time for his sister, and to Giselle, that was all she needed.

“Piggy-back?” Giselle asked, tugging on the hem of my shirt.

Her head was turned towards my direction, but her eyes were covered with several layers of bandage.

I was about to agree when Xander patted my head and gently pushed me aside.

I’ll do it, he mouthed, and I nodded, feeling slightly disappointed because I’ve always wanted to give piggy-backs.

“Come on Giselle,” Xander lifted her arms and guided them over his shoulders, “I’ll give you—“

“Noooo I want Chocolate Chip!” She pouted unhappily, and I couldn’t help but smile.

“I-It’s okay Xan, I’m strong enough!” I patted my abs (there’s nothing there honestly, but oh well).

Xander stared.

Then he snorted, giving me one of his best smiles. “Angel, I’ve seen every part of you—and I’m sure there’s nothing there the last time I checked.”

I felt my cheeks burn and the tips of my ears grow hot.

“W-Wha—don’t say that out loud!”

“What? It’s the truth,” Xander smirked.

“B-But that’s un—“

“Want me to describe? Slim, supple thighs; the perfect waist—“

“CHOCOLATE PIGGYBACK!! XANDIE GO AWAAAY!”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

In the end, Giselle settled with holding our hands—so here I was, holding Giselle’s left hand while Xander held her right.

We were about to exit the ward when I heard a familiar voice.

“Wait—are you sure this is the room?”

“Yes Blake, I’ve checked it a thousand times—stop nagging!”

“What? I’m just making sure! What if—“

The door opened.

In the doorway stood a group of high school students. I recognized some of them from the time I sat with Xander at his table in the cafeteria.

“Hey! Xander! We heard about your sister…” Blake trailed off when he saw Giselle. “Wait is that her? Shit she’s so cute! Hi, my name is—“

“No way I’m gonna let my sister get to know the likes of a dirty guy like you Blake,” Xander got between Giselle and his captain jokingly, and the group laughed.

“We brought fruits and chocolate though,” One of the girls said.

“Are we too late?”

“Let’s sit outside then—“

“What? Since when were you guys nice?” Xander raised an eyebrow mockingly.

His friends stared at him like he was crazy.