Chapter 28: Marielle Lennox

I wake up feeling a little groggy from the alcohol but thankfully have no hang over. I slip out of bed and into the bathroom, knowing that Jules has Gem from the note he left me on the bedside table. Once I've washed my face, brushed my teeth and hair and all that fun stuff I head back into the bedroom to see Peyton waiting by the chest of drawers.

"Figured you, Lex and I could get ready together. I wanted to apologise for how I've been for the last week, I know it put a lot of pressure on you and I'm really sorry. It wasn't fair of me to put my problems on you." She doesn't look me in the eye as she apologises, instead staring down at the floor but I know she's being sincere.

The thing is I didn't even realise that there was anything to apologise for. "Peyton, you don't need to apologise to me. I'm your best friend, I want to support you in everything. Especially when you're upset and scared, okay? There is nothing to be sorry for." I wrap her in a tight hug, squeezing her as tightly as I can without hurting her.

She responds immediately before dragging me down the corridor to Lexie's room. I know Bear is still in there as I can hear him, so I give her a look that says, ′don't you dare'. She just winks and creeps in, I hear a few whispers and wait impatiently for both women to appear in front of me without waking the sleeping President.

I doubt he'd very much appreciate it.

Thankfully, Saviour completes her mission by shoving Lex out and following out seconds later. The door is closed softly behind them and we all take off to the pink room. As soon as the door is closed, we start laughing, it really shouldn't be that easy to sneak past a Biker who claims to be ultra-aware, but it is how it is.

Lexie has a load of clothes in here and some makeup and shoes too, so we all get to work excitedly. Lex says we have to show off because - and I quote - ′the prospects need to know that our men are the fucking best and can score really hot women'. I'm used to her quirkiness, so I just agree, knowing exactly what to wear to get Hunter all fired up.

Lexie does my makeup while Peyton does her own. I would do it, but I normally just put some concealer and some mascara on. It's not that I can't do makeup or that I hate it, I'm just inherently lazy with no care in the world. I just wanna be extra hot today to show off my man and I know Lex can do that for me.

We all stick with the tried and true smokey eye, Peyton and I go for nude lips, but Lex goes for a deep red claiming that she's the President's wife so has more to prove which made Peyton laugh. "You get any hotter, Lex, you're gonna kill someone."

"That's the point, Pey." She winks at us before diving towards the wardrobes at the back of the room. I debate on whether to wear a skirt, a dress or jeans as I look over the variety of clothing. I choose a short blush pink dress with no sleeves and a layered bottom with some Louboutins because if they're there, why not? I slip my jacket on overtop, knowing that Jules is gonna want his claim on me.

I'm yet to get my tattoo but I seriously can't wait.

Lex chooses a white dress with polka dots on that ties around the waist to cinch her tiny waist in, it stops at her mid-thigh and enhances the Angel vibe she's got going on. I mean with the pink makeup and white heels; she's rocking that look.

Peyton goes for a completely different vibe with light blue jeans, black bustier and her jacket thrown over top, she's wearing Louboutins as well, but they just look annoyingly better on her. I notice the gun holster on her right thigh with a Beretta in and her knife is in a holster on the right. While Lex and I went for more Angel, sweet vibes, Peyton went straight in there with independent Biker vibes.

You can't tell she's pregnant even with the small slither of skin showing on her stomach but damn she is glowing. Her eyes are darker than ours and her hair is messily strewn across her back while Lex and I calmed ours. I even put a wig on. "Why are you guys looking at me like that?"

"You look hot." Lex declares and Peyton blushes.

"Speak for yourselves, the boys are gonna be falling over their tongues. We're already late, C'mon. Prez is gonna have my ass for this." Peyton heads out first with Lex close behind, I bring up the rear with a little hesitance. I mean I've never done this before, it's not like I can give advice or anything.

When I reach the bar, I find Peyton sat on it with Lexie next to her. I can't see Reign or Bear so I can only assume that they're busy. I find Jules and head over to him, slipping into his lap comfortably as his arms bind around my waist. "Gem is in the lounge watching cartoons." He whispers and I twist in his lap, brushing his cheeks softly.

"What would I do without you?" I bump my nose on his before turning back around. Four of the prospects seem pretty freaked out and nervous while the final one looks way too chill in this environment. I assume that's the one that patched over. I have a feeling he'll be under a lot more scrutiny than the others as we don't entirely know why he patched over yet. At least that's what Bear said.

"Sorry I'm late." Bear walks in with Reign behind him and they still haven't clocked their women who are currently arguing softly with Runner.

"No empieces." (don't start) Peyton points at Runner with a soft glare, smacking him in the shoulder and forcing him to turn around.

"No eres de ayuda." (you are no help) Runner grumbles like a child that's just been scolded.

"No seas tan niño." (don't be such a child) At the disgruntled squeak from Runner I assume that what she said was not good. Reign rolls his eyes good-naturedly before heading over to his wife, resting on the bar in front of her as she grins at him playfully.

I look to Bear, expecting him to be talking but he's just gawking at Lex who is smirking proudly. Probably happy she can get her husband so fired up; I know Jules is responding to what I'm wearing because it's become mighty uncomfortable to sit on. Lex clears her throat in triumph and Bear snaps out of his trance, turning to the newbies.

This is gonna be fun.