Chapter 36: Julian Atlas

I head back through the compound, unloading my weapons and my vest. Clapping shoulders and giving out fist bumps. That was one of the best battles we've had so far, clinical, clean and fucking efficient. Not even a bullet graze or a bruise, we're getting good at this shit.

The enemy was shit though; I was expecting more but we have a talent for destroying whole organisations before allowing them to actually attack us. Weaken the enemy first and then kill them, quicker and cleaner.

I neck some water as I head to the bunker, Reign is pacing impatiently as Bear tries to open the door with some difficulty. It's always fun watching him try and work out technology, Romeo is the one that set up the security on the bunker and we all helped put it together. At least we know it's safe as our Prez can't even open it.

"Romeo! Come and open this fucking thing!" Bear's voice travels and alerts the tech guy who is currently staring at something. I can't see what it is because the wall is in the way. He snaps out of it and struts over with a grin on his cocky ass face.

"What's up, Boss?" Bear just raises and eyebrow and puts his hands on his hips. Basically, encouraging Romeo to pick a fight right now. Romeo just chuckles and starts clicking buttons of the little screen on the left. He seems healthier than when I confronted him a few weeks ago, we've been chatting as often as we can but with this whole shitstorm it's been quite hard. Still, he's eating better and he's off the drugs, he's not moping around... well he is, it's just less noticeable.

I just hope he sorts this out as soon as possible because it's really difficult seeing him so upset. He's one of the party animals, always encouraging raves and getting so wasted you can't see colour for a month.

I'm worried but I can only do as much as he'll let me.

The heavy door clicks and rolls back, revealing three women and my little princess. They all seem calm and happy, stepping out to greet us. Gem flat out runs into my legs and I lift her into my arms. "You okay, daddy?"

"I'm very good, baby." I kiss her a few times before turning to Mari. I know she feels a little neglected when I give more attention to our daughter, something I find completely adorable because Gem does it too. If I kiss Mari, Gem demands that I kiss her as well. "And, how are you?" I ask Mari, pressing her against my body and smirking when she shivers.

"I handled it better this time, I liked being able to see what was happening, so I wasn't so worried. Besides," She leans up to whisper in my ear so I shift Gem so she can't hear, "it turned me on seeing you like that." I tighten my grip on her waist and press a heavy kiss on her lips, hating the fact I have to pull away, so we don't scar our infant daughter.

Fuck.

----------

I regretfully relinquish my daughter into Runner's hands as Mari demands, not gonna fight her she's been really grouchy lately, and kiss her head gently. Runner slips her into the car seat he fitted in his truck before he pulls off the driveway, I watch with stern eyes. I swear if she comes back with even a scrape, he is fucking dead.

Soft hands slip under the fabric of my shirt and I smile, shaking my head and knowing exactly why she wanted Runner to take care of Gem. I close the door, smirking as I lock it before spinning around and grabbing her waist. "What was your plan, darlin'? I need every dirty detail of what you want me to do to you."

She shivers as I brush my knuckles down her face, gently pressing my hand around her throat. Hard enough to know it's there but not enough to leave bruises. I nibble on her ear as I grip her ass in my hand, listening to her whimper softly in reaction to my touch. "Hunter." Her voice is breathy, and I pick her up, planting her on the kitchen island seconds later.

"What is it, baby? Hmm." I bite her bottom lip and lick over it as her eyes flicker closed. She tugs on my shirt; I break away from her to take my shirt off only to return to my teasing. I've waited a long time for this and I'm gonna savour every goddamn second of it.

"Jules, please." She whines, gripping at my biceps as I gently pass my fingertips over her ribcage before ripping her shirt, liking the shower of buttons as they hit the kitchen floor. It reveals her blue lace bra that just entices me further. "Blue's your favourite colour, no?" She pants, gripping at my belt buckle as she tugs me closer, trying to grind on me to relieve herself.

I'm about ready to bust in my jeans looking at her, hickeys on her neck and bra on show, begging for me. "You're a little tease." I whisper, against the skin behind her ear, listening as her breathing speeds up, feeling her heart trip over itself.

So responsive.

I pull her top off fully, revealing her slender arms that bind around my neck. She buries her hands in my hair and kisses me, her tongue tries to dominate my own, but she fails, and I push her to lay back on the island. Kissing down to her breasts and biting at the nipple over the lace, chuckling against her as she writhes in need.

I look up at her with question in my eyes and she lets me remove the bra. I release a deep groan when the lace fabric touches the floor and lick over all of it. Enjoying every noise she makes as I torture her. I pull off her jeans and press my knuckle to her pussy, giving her something to grind against as I pull her to the edge.

I kiss her deeply, pulling her hair and biting at her tongue. She shouts out as she rides her orgasm, her nails digging into my shoulders as she writhes with aftershocks. Her skin is flushed and she's panting, reaching again for my belt buckle. I slip her off the island and carry her to the bedroom, struggling to concentrate as she licks and bites at my neck. I kick off my boots and lay her on the bed, resting on top of her as she explores the expanse of my chest with her mouth.

Perfect.