𝟮 - Don't follow me

For a few days, Hill anxiously crouched in a corner and tried to recall the story of Harry Potter.

Now that she knew what world she was in, her identity had become clear. Dementor, a terrifying creature in the story, though she couldn't recall their abilities exactly. Sirius had mentioned something about her wanting his soul, so she assumed these creatures were soul-suckers. That could explain the state of the prisoners when she was with them.

Then she attempted to list out as many characters as possible... and it was a challenge for her. Hill had grabbed a wooden stick and poked around in the mud as she struggled to spell out the names of the protagonists. Since she read the books years ago, her memory was foggy and she couldn't even recall how many books there were. Seven? Eight? She sighed and moved on, scribbling out names as she murmured to herself, "You should have read the stories more thoroughly, Hill. Who knows if your life will depend on it someday?"

In the sticky mud, she had written a list of names:

Harry Potter

Hermineny

Ron 

Serious Black

Lupin

Snape 

Dumbledoor

She didn't know if she was spelling them right; she tried her best with the pronunciations from her memory. Hill stared at the seven names for a while; all she knew was that these were the 'good guys'. She had no memory of how they ended up in the story, and she could recall no other names. There was a name at the back of her head though, someone called "Dragon" or some sort. But she was not sure if that person was on Harry's side.

Hill was deep in thought and started to bite her fingernails before yelping at the horrific state of her hands. 

She flattened out the mud and thought of the antagonist. Voldemort. The name she could never forget in the story. Ultimate bad guy, don't mess with him. She reminded herself and poked a few holes in his name. She could remember no other at that moment, for she had paid minimum attention to the antagonists while reading. What's the point of reading about them? The Hill in the past world had thought, They will all die anyway. 

Thinking back at her ignorant past-self made Hill groan, and she jabbed the stick into the ground. She was anxious and nervous about this new world. Although in tales the good always defeats the evil in the end, she was scared of the change she could bring to the story. She had no intention of affecting someone else's life, and she very much believed in the butterfly effect. A butterfly like her would not know what storm she could cause with a slight flap of her wings. 

What if she already changed something by talking to Sirius? Hill panicked. She quickly stomped over the mud with her scribbles on it, erasing the word 'Voldemort' she had written repeatedly.

Hill made a decision; from now on she'll stay as far away as possible from the main characters or any witches or wizards for that matter. She'll just fix her looks and live a peaceful life in the human realm, or as they called, the muggle's world. Sorry Sirius, she thought to herself, Can't really go check on Harry right now. But don't worry, he'll be taken care of by someone else. 

The next day, Hill had sneaked out of the prison. Using her experience in the many worlds she came across, she managed to smuggle ingredients and pieces of equipment from a few wizards' houses. She took as little as she could and made sure the changes in their house were unnoticeable.

Little did she know, hours before she left the last house, a group of Aurors had come. After knowing that a dementor was on the loose, all the colors drained from their faces. In that afternoon, it was reported in the Daily Prophet, warning everyone to be careful and to cooperate in capturing the dementor.