63. One woman vacation

Tash felt more alive than she did in the last few weeks. She missed the rush of things, she hated when things got boring. She knew Pep was able to track down the car so she wanted a head start, going to Melody was never apart of her plan.

Two days earlier, Tash packed the duffle bag and hid it. She had been planning this for awhile now and knew that today would be the best day to carry out her plans. Her passport was in her bag and she had planned to buy a ticket for the ferry once she got to the docks, she didn't want to permanently leave Pep, she just wanted to clear her mind for a few days and that meant leaving the East Side of St Amrys for awhile.

Tash parked the car and quickly removed her duffle bag from the passenger seat. With her Gucci shades on, she stepped from the driver's side and locked up the car. She had to get the ticket stamped so her car wouldn't get towed from the parking lot. After getting the ticket stamped, she drew her hat further down onto her forehead, trying to disguise herself, knowing that Pep would've gotten the word out already and her henchmen would be on the look out. By the time she got to the ticket desk, her heart was already in her throat, her anxiety was at an all time high.

"One-way ticket to Monsterro Bay, please." Tash pushed her credit card and her Passport through the small window.

"You need to have a return ticket." The beautiful dark skin woman that was sitting behind the glass was more interested in Tash's passport than her.

"Shit! Fine, give me a two-way ticket. Set it for one month from now, please." Tash was losing her patience by the second. "Can you also hurry up, please."

To Tash, the woman with the name tag "Candice" was taking forever. Her AirPods were in but she wasn't listening to anything, she wanted to be conscious of her surroundings, Pep taught her that.

Finally, Candice pushed her passport, credit card and, the tickets back through the small window and said, "enjoy your trip, Miss Simmons."

Tash smiled and collected her items, leaving Candice with a peculiar smile on her face. Her departure time was set for one hour from now, the ferries left every 3 hours so she got here right on time. To burn the extra minutes, she went by the docks to smoke. The cruise ships were huge up close, she wish she was going on a 6 months long cruise instead of disappearing to the neighboring island that had nothing but their local beer as attraction.

Her phone was on Airplane mood and her AirPods were blasting Cody Banks. She looked down at her yellow Vans and felt a small surge of guilt, was she only with Pep for the money? Did she really love Pep? If she really loved her then leaving shouldn't feel this easy, her emotions were conflicted. She finished off her spliff and went to get snacks for the journey and Belgium ice cream that she didn't get to enjoy the last time because Pep got jumped.

"Hey, good to see you again." Tash stared at the young woman behind the counter at the Belgium ice cream spot.

"Hey.." Tash looked around her.

"I was the one serving you the last time you came here, then you got into a fight." The girl chuckled nervously.

"Oh, hey." Tash gave a small smile.

"Are you okay? It seemed pretty bad." She actually seemed genuine.

"You should've seen the other guy," Tash smirked and removed her shades. "What's your name?"

"Ashley. May I take your order, Tash?" Tash was taken aback that she knew her name.

"Uh, yeah.. just butter pecan right now." Tash put her shades back on and once again started looking around her. "How do you know my name?"

"Oh! You told me the last time you came here, said you were here with your business partner or something like that." Ashley continued scooping out the flavored ice cream.

Tash mentally scolded herself for her loose mouth and for calling Pep her business partner, even though in all actuality, that's what she really was; a business partner.

Ashley watched as Tash retreated into her head, wondering if she said something wrong. Instead of asking, she wrote her number on the napkin and handed it over along with the ice cream.

"Text me," Ashley gave a shy smile.

Confused, Tash nodded and left with her ice cream and the napkins in hand. She checked her watch and it was time to board the ferry, her heartbeat picked up as she raced back to the docks where persons were already boarding. She took one final look behind her and saw Pep with her body guards in the distance, pulling her bag close to her and chucking the ice cream and extra napkins into the bin she tried her best to blend in with the crowd.

She went for a middle seat, she knew waiting the one hour was risky but she had no other choice. "That's Pep! Omg, what is Pep doing here?" A loud mouth girl from the row behind Tash attempted to whisper to her friend.

"Just my fucking luck!" Tash groaned.

Tash rested her head on her duffle bag as if she was sleeping, she didn't plan on raising her head until the ferry started moving. With her volume up to 100, she couldn't hear anything around her and she wanted it to remain that way, she prayed that she wouldn't be discovered, that Pep wouldn't send her bodyguards to check the seats but what she wasn't expecting was Pep's familiar scent right beside her.

She couldn't resist the urge to raise her head, and came face to face with Pep's grimace. Tash burst out laughing and rolled her eyes as she removed her AirPods and attempted to rise from her seat.

"Stay." Pep said.

Tash looked up with a grimace of her own and stayed seated.

"May I have this seat, please?" Pep kindly asked the older man that was seated beside Tash.

The old man looked over at Tash, then took his belongings and vacated the seat. Pep was wearing a baby pink chino shorts, white linen button down and leather slippers.

"You could've told me that we were going on a vacation, I've always wanted to come back to Monsterro Bay." Pep smirked and adjusted her shades.

Tash watched as Pep's body guards brought luggage onto the ferry and sat directly behind them. She was upset and her anger rose from her toes.

Pep realized and said, "don't make a scene now."

"The girls behind us seem to really love your presence, why don't you bless them oh mighty Pep." Tash rolled her eyes.

"I remember when you loved my presence, when you were just as excited as them." Pep chuckled.

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves here." Tash hissed her teeth.

"But now, you say whatever comes to your mind, you do whatever you please and you behave as if I'm not Taidan Beauvoir, as if I'm not Pep." Pep slowly rested her arm over Tash's shoulder.

"You're forgetting yourself, my love." Pep whispered into Tash's ear.

"You're forgetting what I do for a living, you're forgetting what these hands did to you of all persons." Pep was extremely close to Tash and instead of feeling threatened and uncomfortable, she was turned on and getting wet.

"So," Pep lifted her head back up and used her thumb to lift Tash's chin up so she could look at her face, "once we get to Monsterro Bay, the island that I run, I'll remind you just who the fuck you're dealing with."

Tash pulled her face away from Pep to stare at the passing ocean, fear slowly rising in her throat as she thought about the cage, the chains, the whips and, the cocaine.