20. "come back into reality"

So this part is going to be slightly different, it's going to have some Ej and Aurora memories, then the flashback that was implied in the last part. I just wanted you guys to see Aurora and Ejs relationship before they broke up <3

just under two years ago, summer before Auroras sophomore year, Auroras living room

"Oo, can we watch a Dcom?" Aurora asked as she and Ej tried to pick a movie. "And that is?" Ej looked back at her blankly. "A Disney Channel original movie?" Aurora rolled in a 'duh' tone, "Like High school musical, Descendants, Teen beach, zombies" Ej nodded, still slightly confused, but he went along with it, loving the look in her eyes. "Lets watch Descendants" she announced. "You sure?" Ej questioned with a smirk, reminding her. "Oh, actually no, high school musical!" she grinned. "We've watched that so many times!" Ej exclaims as she presses play. "Because it's the best" Aurora told him, in the same tone as earlier, making him laugh slightly.  

As they watched, Ej loved seeing the look on his girlfriends face. She was so happy, he loved seeing it. "it would be so cool to do a production of this" Ej stated, mid way through breaking free. "Maybe East High will do one" Aurora shrugged. "Are they really that Cliche?" Ej asked. "Probably not" Aurora laughed, "But it would be cool to play Taylor." Ej raised an eyebrow. "But you hate acting?" he told her, as if she didnt know. "I do know E, but for HSM it's different" she smiled, frowning when she turned back and saw that Breaking free was over. "you made me miss my third favourite song" she pouted. "Oh cheer up, maybe one day we'll get to sing it on the stage in East High" Ej replied, smiling. "Oh shut up, stop dreaming and come back into reality" she scoffed. 

just under two years ago, summer before Auroras sophomore year, Auroras bedroom

Aurora had decided that on her 18th birthday, she wanted to get a tattoo. Sure, her 18th was well off, but she liked to plan. "Is this something?" she held up a doodle she had created. "What is it?" Ej asked, rolling over so her could see better. Aurora turned it back to herself and looked at it, and shrugged. "No idea" she answered, putting it back down and thinking again. Ejs phone made a noise, telling him he had a message. "Who's that?"  Aurora asked, still doodling on her page casually. "My mom, she's checking that youre definitely coming to Florida next week?" he told her. "I am, tell her I said hi" Aurora grinned. "She likes to plan far too ahead" Ej sighed, texting his mom back then putting his phone down so his attention was solely on his girlfriend. "Have you ever met me?" Aurora questioned, smiling down at him. "Oh yeah, slipped my mind" he teased. Aurora rolls her eyed fondly, before holding the paper up yeah again. "Is this something?" she asked again. "Yeah" Ej smirked, "Annoying" 

two years ago, Summer before Auroras sophomore year, the beach in Florida

Aurora lay on the beach sunbathing with Evie and Ashlyn. Ej and Aurora, and his family, were in Florida the same time as Evie, who was visiting family. They had met up, Aurora, Ej, Ashlyn and Evie. Ej grew bored of sitting around with the girls, sunbathing wasn't really his thing at the moment. "Ror" he whined. "What?" Aurora mimicked his tone. "Will you come in the sea with me?" he asks, pouting. "No, I'm sunbathing" Aurora replied simply. "Guess we'll have to do this the hard way" Ej smirked, standing up and picking Aurora up with ease. "Ej!" Aurora squealed, wrapping her arms around his neck so she didn't fall as he ran towards the sea. As the cool water  hit her, she squealed again. "I hate you" she glared as he put her down. "No you don't" he reminded her. "Fine, I hate this" She corrected herself. "That's better, good girl" he patted her head. "I hate you" she glared again. "Sorry?" he apologised, clearly not being serious, but he pecked her lips making her smile. "Good boy" she grinned, leaning up and patting him on the head as best she could. 

Flashback

Flashback

Aurora and Ej were the leads of their middle school play. They were overjoyed, they had worked so hard, so so hard. The pair were so proud of themselves, their showmance was very convincing, plus they thought their acting was brilliant. It was opening night, near the end of act one to be precise, when Aurora and Ej had a big scene. As she was meant to say her line, she caught sight of her mother entering the theatre, 20 minutes late, with a lot of her family. This threw the young girl off, she didn't want her whole family to see her. Her mother hadn't told her they would all be coming, all she expected was her mom, dad and Ricky. She couldn't continue, she froze. Everyone in the crowd began to whisper, staring at her with judgement. Ej looked at her, confused. "I..I'm sorry, I have to go...Ben" she quickly added his characters name on the end before rushing off. She couldn't do it anymore. 

As she got off stage, she realised, she had ruined the play. She couldn't go back out there, ever. All she would remember is freezing, and the crowd judging her. She hated it. And from that moment on, she was filled with fear. she never ever wanted to get back onto the stage again. She was terrified. And so, Aurora Bowen had never ever performed on stage since then, until she ended up playing Taylor in High School musical and her confidence had come back, slightly.