Chapter 8

Today my social worker Lucy is coming round to see how I'm settling in, I think the boys are a bit nervous though. It's about two o'clock now and she said she would be here around quarter past I'm currently watching some tv in my room until the boys call me down.

I look at the time to see that it's half past two she's probably here by now so I decided to head downstairs I could hear voices coming from the living room. As I walked into the room I see all my brothers sat on the couches and I could also see Lucy she's quite young and is very beautiful she has blonde hair and blue eyes and was wearing a skirt and blouse with a pair of heels. "Hi Lucy" I said and she looked up and smiled at me.

"Hello Bri it's good to see you it's been quite a while hasn't it" she said with a kind voice.

"Yeah it has" I replied going and sitting next to her on the couch whilst as the rest of my brothers were scattered on the remaining two couches.

"How have you been I know it's not been long since your foster father passed how have you been holding up?" She questioned.

"Fine" I replied.

"His funeral is in a few days I've given all the details to Nicholas" she said.

"Who arranged it?" I questioned as I knew Dan didn't have any family well none that he spoke to anyway.

"His girlfriend Jessica she was asking about you and I think she was planning on visiting you at some point to see how your getting on" she replied.

"Oh okay" I had completely forgotten about Jessica I rarely saw her and when I did it wasn't pleasant she wouldn't really hit me not like Dan did anyway why would she wanna see me the woman hated me.

"How do you feel about starting a new school I know you must be used to it by now but are you nervous at all" she asked.

"No I'm okay" I said.

"Good have you settled in okay are you getting along with your brothers?" She asked.

"Yeah I have" I replied.

"I know you've moved around a lot but I want you to really try and make this work give them a chance this is the best place for you to be, this isn't just another foster home they're your biological family so please try and open up a bit to them okay" she said as if my brothers weren't sitting right there listening.

"Okay" I nodded.

"Bri I don't know what's going to happen if it doesn't work out for you here so I need you to promise me that you'll at least try" Lucy said.

"I promise" I replied to her.

"Good would you like to show me your room?" She asked.

"Sure" I said and began walking towards the stairs with Lucy and my brothers following.

"Why are you limping Bri are you alright?" She asked noticing my slight limp.

"Hm oh yeah I'm fine I landed on it funny whilst playing basketball it's nothing" I lied.

"Are you planning on trying out for the basketball team at your new school?" She questioned whilst we all walked to my bedroom.

"Probably if that's okay with Nick" I said turning to face Nick.

"Of course it is" he said with a smile and I nodded back. We reached my room and I opened my room and walked in and sat on the edge of my bed as they all followed after me.

"Wow Bri your room is stunning" she said and sat next to me.

"Are you still painting I remember you used to have your drawings and paintings on you wall when you were with the Wilson's" she asked.