21. "she's not dead you idiot"

Ej grew worried, and after Carlos had called a long five, he ran out to find Aurora. "Rory!" he exclaims when he saw her sat on the stairs, hugging her knees. "Are you okay?" he positioned herself next to her softly. "It all came back, the play, I froze" she sighed, burying her neck into her knees. "It's okay" he said softly, rubbing her back. "I;m scared E, what if I just freeze on the night" she sighed, looking up at him. Ej smiled slightly when she called him E, she hadn't said it in ages. "It's going to be okay" he repeated. "How do you know?" she asked. "Because i'm going to be right there with you" he smiled. "What about my scenes with Gabriella?" she questioned, wanting to see his reaction. "If necessary, i'll put on a wig and come out as Gabriella myself" he smiled, making her laugh meaning he had succeeded in making her happy. The pair made normal but funny small talk until ej looked over and spotted Carlos.

"Do you think I should go and talk to him?" he asked. "I think you should" Aurora shrugged, she knew Carlos didn't want anyone reading his notes from the auditions. "It's his own fault" Ej sighed. "Why?" Aurora questioned. "He said I lack emotional connection to the material" Ej told her. "Oh" Aurora says. "Yeah, i'm going to go and talk to him" he stood up, "Wish me luck." Aurora smiled at him, "Good luck!"

Aurora sat on the stairs, looking through old posts on her instagram, when across approach her. "Aurora, Would you come and help me find Miss Jenn?, I don't want to go down there alone" he asked, having Aurora by his side always gave him confidence. "Okay sure, we've got a show to get back on the road" she grinned, jumping up.

She linked her arm around his, grabbed a flashlight and they began their little adventure. Aurora was slightly scared, knowing that if they saw or came across anything, Carlos would be no help. He would probably just scream, push her out of the way and run away, leaving her to fend for himself. "Are we sure this is safe?" he asked her. "Maybe? Miss jenn is down here so it can't be that bad?" Aurora answered, though it sounded more like she was questioning it all.

Finally, Carlos came across Miss Jenn. Aurora was too busy looking around, she was intrigued by what was down there, and admiring the little things she found on their endeavour. "Oh my god!" Carlos screamed, dramatically as always. "What?" Aurora asked, not fussed as she knew how dramatic Carlos was. "she's dead!" he told her. Aurora had confusion written all over her face as she span around. When she saw Miss Jenn lying on the floor, she noticed her stomach was rising and falling. "Shes not dead you idiot" Aurora rolls her eyes, hitting the back of Carlos's head as she kneeled down beside Miss Jenn. "Ouch" he pouted, rubbing the back of his head. "Stop being a baby and help me wake her up" she sighed before realising. "I wonder if she had her contractually obligated dream sequence!" Aurora squealed. "Her what?" Carlos asked, still rubbing the back of his head. "Oh, doesn't matter, just wake her up"

Carlos hit her cheek a few times softly, before hitting her quite hard the last time. "Carlos" Aurora scolded, she didn't want him to hurt her. "Miss Jenn say something" Carlos said, as she came around. "Ouch" she sighed. "Sorry, was that last one too hard?"

"I'm the teacher" miss Jenn breathed, getting confused looks from both her students. "And we're making history" she said as they helped her up. She starts to walk away, the two teens following behind her cautiously, slightly concerned for their teacher. "Everything gonna be okay" she told them with a smile, Aurora grinning. "I know where we have to go" she turned around and faced them fully, dramatically of course. "Broadway?" Carlos asked, making Aurora start to giggle, Miss Jenn almost ignoring it. "Back to east high" Miss Jenn she corrected him. Aurora grinned, she wanted to do it back where they belonged. "Oh my god how hard did I hit you?" Carlos asked, building on Auroras laughter.

As Aurora walked over to Ej, he noticed her laughter. "What happened?" he asked, handing her a box. "Carlos hit Miss Jenn, then he said we should to Broadway" she explains, very badly. "Did he hit you aswell?" Ej gave her a confused look, she wants making much sense. "No, but I hit him" she smiled proudly. "That's my girl!" Ej exclaims loudly and proudly without realising. "Not your girl " she reminded him as they walked. "Yet" he mumbled under his breath, but she didn't quite hear him. "Oh yeah, sorry" he apologised. "It's okay, I missed it" she smiled, before walking over to Evie with a grin.