24

~Ophelia's POV~

I laid in my bed on Sunday night, trying to fall asleep already so I wouldn't accidentally sleep right through my alarm when it went off in the morning to wake me up for school, but I was too restless to sleep. After everything that happened between Luke and I this weekend, I was feeling embarrassed and overwhelmed. Mostly embarrassed, though.

As much as I hated to admit it, I was very clearly attracted to Luke, which was obvious enough by the way I'd reacted to his touch. Something about him was just so charismatic and he had such a way with the ladies, so he was really impossible. It was practically impossible for me to not be affected by someone like him, even if I did tell myself that everything that he was pulling with me was just for show. He wasn't interested in me; he merely found entertainment in fucking around with me, that's all. It really didn't go beyond that, I knew it. This was probably just one big game to him—a way to pass the time when he had nothing else to do.

Sighing in frustration at myself, I rolled over onto my side so that I was facing the wall, curling up into a ball as I snuggled into my blankets. I felt like an idiot when I thought about what had happened between Luke and I. Guilty, too, when I thought of Stella. It had been a mistake to have ever let anything happen between him and I, but I vowed to myself that I would not be making that same mistake again. I didn't have any interest in getting tangled up with a player like him; Simply all I knew was that I needed to make sure to be careful with that boy.

If I'd learned anything this weekend, it was that both me and my body found him absolutely enticing and it took next to nothing to get me going for him. That was definitely some trouble for me if I didn't just be more wary around him. It could get heavy between us quick and I wasn't sure if I was able to deal with that. Plus, this was Luke. I knew it wouldn't last long if anything happened between us; he'd just dump me when he got tired of me like all the other girls. Obviously, I didn't want that; I didn't want the drama and I didn't want...well, a player in all terms of speaking.

So, as I drifted off to sleep, I promised myself to never again have a moment like the one we'd had yesterday. He had enough girls to play with in school and I was not going to become one as well. All I had to do was keep myself out of that part of his life.

How hard could it really be?

**

My alarm clock blared noisily in the early hours of the morning, letting me know that it was time to get my butt up to get ready for school already. It felt like I had only been asleep five minutes. How had so much time passed?!

I forced myself to get up out of bed and head into the bathroom to take my morning shower, as I did every day. After I had finished taking a shower and everything, I sat down at my vanity table and began to do my makeup, thinking to myself about how I was not looking forward to going to school today. School had never really been something that I dreaded, I suppose, but I was dreading it this morning. I just wanted to crawl back into bed to sleep.

Once I had finished making my makeup, I cleaned up my vanity space and then got dressed in a pair of undergarments before heading into my closet to find something to get dressed in. I eventually got dressed in a short skirt that was white and had a plaid pattern that was dark and light green, pulling a white cropped tank top on over my head that had thin spaghetti straps. It wasn't really even cold out today, but I decided to pull on a soft green cropped cardigan that buttoned up, though I left it open. Lastly, I put on a simple pair of white sneakers.

After I swiped on some deodorant on my underarms and spritzed on a little bit of perfume, I grabbed my backpack and left my room, walking down the hall. Granny, who was usually in the living room with a cup of tea while she sat on the couch, was nowhere to be seen, so I knew she was likely still asleep.