For Him...??(Chapter - 8)

Vihaan's POV

We reached Nagpur this morning and after freshening up and having breakfast, we headed to Saanvika's place, this time my mama(Uncle) too accompanied us as per my mom's request... I know why mom is doing this... she wanted to spoil this and she needs support to do so as she couldn't handle my dad alone, he is very stubborn when he takes a decision so she took her brother's help... but to her bad luck, even my uncle is all praises for Saanvika's family, especially about Niranjan uncle... dad has a proud smile on his face whenever Mama praised his friend... We reached her place and I remembered the incident where I was drenched in the water... So I sent my family inside giving them an excuse for parking though I have parked it correctly... 

I am about to go inside when I saw Saanvika and Ahana walking in my direction... They didn't notice me yet, I'm amused by the scene in front of me... Saanvika is pulling the little girl's hair while Ahana is beating Saanvika's legs... She kept on irritating the little girl and suddenly both of them started running, Saanvika reached the house gate followed by Ahana... She danced like a baby saying she won the race and teased Ahana showing her tongue... The little girl started crying, I think it's fake because Saanvika didn't stop teasing her still... I couldn't control my laughter anymore seeing her making funny faces...... I laughed loudly catching their attention... she stopped what she is doing and gave me an awkward smile before taking the stairs hurriedly and Ahana followed her aunt... I laughed again remembering her childish antics and later went inside..... 

Their house is a small yet beautiful three-story building with very minimum furniture... As soon as I entered the house, two men greeted me... Dad introduced them as Niranjan uncle's younger brothers... I greeted them politely, and after some time, Saanvika made her presence along with her bhabhi... She wore a simple churidar with her usual pony and as usual make-up free face except for kajal highlighting her eyes... I can see her eyes clear as she is wearing frameless glasses today... She looked more beautiful in these... Dad cleared his throat smirking at me and that's when I realized I was checking her out... Damn... After a while, dad asked both of us to talk privately and Saanvika looked at her mother and brother for approval, they nodded, and then she got up and lead the way... We both made our way to the terrace....... None of us said a thing as it was really awkward for both of us... But I decided to be frank with her...

"I want you to reject me," We both said at a time... She looked at me getting shocked and I'm pretty sure my expression must be mirroring hers...

"It's good that we both wanted the same thing", I said...

"Yes...", She said in a weak voice...

"But why can't you say it directly to your family", I asked...

"I can't, I have my reasons", she said, I nodded... but why did she want me to reject her ?? I am curious about why she doesn't want this marriage, so I asked her...

"Why didn't you want this ?? You don't like me??", I mentally slapped myself for the last part, she is shocked but answered my question nonetheless...

"Marriage is not my cup of tea... I don't want to marry... People say, Marrying late is better than marrying the wrong person...... I'm the wrong person here so thought to avoid it.....", she said shocking me...... she wanted to remain a spinster her whole life ?? Is she crazy ??

"Why are you rejecting me ??", she asked me...

"No, I'm not", I started with a smile, "I have some requirements for my would-be wife, and the first and foremost is she should be a doctor... I just don't wanna compromise with them, I do like you but I can't marry you and now that I know you too want the same, I'm relaxed", I said honestly... Yes, I do like her....... ahh it feels so good to accept it... Oh my god, Is she blushing ?? She is more beautiful this way..... she soon pulled off her straight face and a wave of disappointment hit me..... she looked divine with her blush..... Hold your horses dude, you are here to end all this, not to marry her...

"Why can't you tell your parents directly, I mean ypu even have a very strong reason", she said...

"And what's that ?? if I may ask", I asked raising my brow...

"I'm not a doctor", she said with an obvious tone

"And you think it's a strong reason," I asked

"Isn't it ??" she said getting puzzled...

"Apparently not, dad thinks we are perfect for each other and also he is never actually in favor of my wish to have a doctor wife... but he didn't say anything till now as a mom is by my side", I said 

"Okay, you can say that you don't like me", She asked hopefully...

"No, I can't, he will easily convince me... I mean what's there in you to reject, you are beautiful, well educated, have a good job, and more than anything, you are a very good person, so it's ypu who should do the honors", I told her...

"No I can't..." she started...