24. "we're all in this together"

Aurora stood off stage, watching Ej go on to sing breaking free with nini. As much as she didn't want to be there right now, she wanted to support ej, just like he would have done for her.

"we're soaring, flying, there's not a star in heaven that we can't reach, if we're trying, so we're breaking free" He sang. Then the music drowned out as he stopped. "I can't do it troy, not with all these people staring at me" Nini acts, not looking into his eyes as she found it too awkward, all she wanted was for ricky to be on that stage with her. "Look at me gabby, right at me, like the first time we sang together, like kindergarten, remember?" Ej says, the back door opening just after he spoke. Ej looked back, noticing not only Ricky and Gina, but Aurora, who was there to support him like he knew she would. Nini doesn't answer him, she just looks over at ricky. 

"Like kindergarten, remember?" Ej repeats himself before realising what he needed to do.. He looks back at Ricky and Aurora then turns to Nini. "Remember kindergarten? there's nothing like the friends you made back then and they never really leave do they?" he asks, having a small plan in his head. "What are you doing?" Nini asks softly, covering her microphone. "Something right, I hope, i'm gonna play to loose, I'm not the troy you want, and you aren't the showmance I want, you aren't the girl I want back anymore" Ej replies, walking away slowly. He found his place by Aurora, giving her a small smile, but not speaking just yet.

Nini looks over and ricky and begins singing. "You know the world can see us, In a way that different than who we are Creating space between us, 'til we're seperate hearts" she sings, walking towards him. Then she puts her phone light on, just like the auditions like he did for her.

  "I'm really not at my best" Ricky tells her, pushing the microphone down slightly. "Just look at me ricky, right at me" Nini tells him with a smile. She turns back and gives the band a nod. The music began playing again. "But your faith, it gives me strength, Strength to believe" They sing in unison, Rickys confidence building again. "We're breakin' free , We're soarin', flyin', There's not a star in heaven that we can't reach , If we're tryin', yeah, we're breakin' free , Oh, we're breakin' free! Ooh-Wooah" They sing, running back onto the stage.

Gina walked over to the pair. "I'm putting my Martha costume back on" she whispered to Aurora, who nodded slightly.She then disappeared backstage. 

 "Why'd you do that?" Aurora asks softly, looking at Ej. "I'm not the troy she needs, and she's not the showmance I want" he repeated what he said on stage. "Just because you're repeating what you said out there doesn't mean I suddenly understand it" Aurora tells him, a blank look on her face. "Come on" Ej grinned, holding out his hand. "What?" Aurora still looks back at him blankly. "Lets go out there and give them the chad and Taylor they deserve"

Back in their chad and Taylor outfits, Aurora and Ej were ready to go on. Aurora was not going to let anything stop her. She was ready. She didn't care about the audience anymore. She had ej and that's all that mattered in this moment. Before stepping on, our chad and Taylor gave eachother a look. And then they walked on.

The band all entered the stage ready for the curtain call, starting to play the tune to we're all in this together. Then the dancers all went on, Aurora cheering as she saw evie take a bow. She watched as Kourtney and Gina went on, after Ashlyn, then it was her turn. She smiled at ej, who was facing her, and they ran on, joining hands in the middle. Ej spun the basketball around on his finger, whistle Aurora just took a bow. She sung and danced, loving getting to dance to her favourite song. She gave Ricky a smile as he and nini came out, then their family was complete, almost.

"We're all in this together, when we reach we can fly know inside we can make it. We're all in this together once we see, there's a chance that we have and we take it" She sang, dancing alongside her theatre family. She grinned at Evie as they danced side by side, enjoying the time. Aurora was dancing when nini came up and nodded at her, indicating to begin the plan they had devised quickly before they had to bow. Aurora nodded, dancing for a few more seconds before dancing off, with a look in her eye. She grabbed both Carlos and Miss jenns arms and pulled hem onto the stage, meeting in the middle with nini who held a tray.

"You know what to say!" Nini handed Miss Jenn a tray with an apple on it. "Is that the last apple?" Miss Jenn smiled with a laugh, her students really did love her. Carlos turned around and pulled Aurora into a hug, both grinning. "This is kinda the best" Ricky told them. "I told you. musicals were fun" Aurora grinned she always knew Ricky would like High School musical. "Oh honey, wait until you see what I've picked for the spring musical" Miss Jenn replied, making everyone around her wonder what they were gong to be putting on next.

Nini offered Aurora her hand, which she took and they walked forwards together. "Wildcats everywhere. wave your hands up in the air thats the way we do it lets get to it" They all bowed in canon before all raising their arms in the air, still. "Come on, everyone!" they finished. Confetti then rained down on them, Aurora grinning, this was amazing. She found Evie, who was grinning ear to ear. "We did a musical!" she exclaims over the noise of everyone else. "I know! I can't believe it!" Aurora replied, hugging her. "We are so doing another one, you're not even complaining" Evie told her firmly. "It's not like i would anyways, I can't wait!"

"I did it!" Aurora exclaims, running over to ej. "I am aware" he laughed, pulling the smaller girl into a hug, and spinning her around. "I can't believe it!" she grinned. "You best believe it, wildcat" he grinned, taking her hand as they walked over to everyone else. They all jumped up and down, chanting "Wildcats" with grins on their faces.