Chapter XXI

Everything goes

Like a battle scar,

Or a fleeting thought,

Like a restless mind,

And like everything that was once a phase...

It'll pass,

It'll embarrass you later,

Or give you a bit of strength.

It always goes away,

Please just endure it,

And get through the day.

••••

Namjoon was waiting patiently. PD-nim was listening to one of the tracks he had been working on.

This track was very special for him. He didn't know what everyone would think for it only has one phrase repeating throughout the song. But it is something closer to his heart.

It is something that he wants everyone to know. It is something that he hopes that would be helpful.

This time it would be different for him. He's not harbouring any resentments towards anyone. He's not trying to acknowledge the haters. He didn't want to dwell on the negativity, Namjoon wanted to move past that bad habit.

"This'll be great in the upcoming album... What do you think?" PD-nim asked with excitement as he had just finished hearing the song. "This is a great demo!"

She can feel the uncomfortable feeling he felt. He was hesitating.

"Uh... PD-nim... Actually, I wanted this to be released with my mixtape." Namjoon started saying. "It's not a demo... I prepared it for the playlist I'm planning to release... This is very personal and not the kind of song I plan on selling." Namjoon took a deep breath before looking up and match the PD-nim's gaze, "I want everyone to hear this. To help them know that.... That everythinggoes."

Hearing him say with so much conviction, her heart felt light.

He was so different from her.

She didn't have the passion and conviction he had. He was very certain, she was not.

She wanted to squeal with joy when the PD-nim smiled warmly at Namjoon and gave him an encouraging pat on his back, "That's a great idea, Joon-ah. I'll be waiting to hear the rest too."

~~~~

"It's ok dear... It's alright to cry. You don't have to be strong all the time. I'm here." She cooed the younger girl who was crying on her shoulder. "I know it's been hard... It's going to be alright."

"But I don't understand why I'm feeling this way... Why am I so scared?"

"It's alright. You're anxious... That's ok. Listen to me. Jiya. Look at me. Jiya, honey look up." She was about to panic as the younger girl started wheezing. "Jiya, look at me, babu. I'm right here. You're not alone."

Namjoon witnessed the scene as his mate tried to help her friend. He can hear her panicked thoughts about not being able to sympathize and of not being enough.

How can I help her?! I'm not sure I can calm her down...

I don't understand.

"You trust me right?" She asked softly to which Jiya nods quickly and eagerly.

Taking a deep breath, "I'm here with you. You can tell me what happened if you want to. You know I'll always be here right?"

Jiya sniffled softly and wiped her eyes, "I know... It's nothing... I got overwhelmed and chugged some of my mom's sleeping pil-"

"Are you alright?! Do you feel nauseous? Are you drowsy? Are you-"

"I puked them out. I'm alright." Jiya's shoulders sagged in defeat, "It's nothing. Thanks, unnie." The girl added to lighten the situation but seeing the displeased frown on the elder's face she sighed again, "It's just a phase... It'll go away. I'll be fine... When it passes."

Namjoon noticed how his mate's whole body stiffened hearing the statement from the young girl. He noticed how she subconsciously nodded in agreement with one thought running in her mind.

Despite the nature of the situation... It passes. It'll go away just like the good time. Even the bad times pass. Everything goes away.