Elias 3.2

Some time after his birthday ball, Elias started taking lessons he had to take to become a prince that nobles would not look down upon.

Even though his schedule had become busy, Elias would always make time for Claude.

Not long ago, it was Claude's birthday ball. It was ball where only adults attended but Elias dressed himself and went to the ball.

The single women were trying to woo the emperor and Claude was indifferent to their flirts. Even so, Elias did not like it when those salivating foxes were close to Claude.

"Dad!"

Claude was so surprised to see his son in the party. More so startled to see his son pouting so much to the point of almost tearing up.

"Elias..."

Claude hastily made his way to Elias and took his hands.

"Were you planning to... dance with them?"

Elias glared at the women who flinched and smiled awkwardly. He then looked back at Claude with the most pitiful look.

"Of course not. There is no reason why I would dance with them."

Elias's eyes twinkled and gripped Claude's hands.

"Then dance with me! I practiced a lot!"

That night, every time a noble woman dared to ask for a dance, Claude had to dance with Elias.

With that, all noble women gave up on the idea of wooing the emperor since Claude's mind and hands were full with Elias.

With no party, Claude, himself, was busy with officials scrolls and papers so Elias did not have to worry about women trying to get close to him.

Felix was too busy staying within Elias's circumference.

Liora had a husband and a child, Nikolas, so the prince had loosen their leashes a bit.

Now that he had lessons to take, everyone was able to take their time to do their duties. Elias was a fast learner and he had no trouble with the lessons he had to take... that is, except etiquette lessons.

At first, Elias learned table manners and greetings but he felt like that all he needed to know. So at every etiquette lessons, he would run away or make an excuse and visit Claude.

The emperor did not say much about him skipping the lesson. Instead, he would have a wistful look painted on his face.

Attendants would try catch the running prince and since they would fail each and every time, the etiquette instructor had taken matters into his own hands and went to the emperor. Claude had waved him off and said, "As long as he is not escaping out of the palace then there is no need to get soldiers to catch him. Also, you are dismissed."

His etiquette lesson was switched out to another language lesson. He was already learning Arlantan so he decided it would be best to learn Hestian, the second largest Empire after Obelia.

...

But...

...

What was this?

What did Liora say?

"His majesty is having tea time with the princess."

Tea? With the princess?

It was something Elias had no expected. He had lowered his guard too much in believing that the princess would stay in Ruby Palace.

Claude had also surprised him. He never expected for Claude to have tea with the princess. Maybe send her back to the palace and have her never come out... or maybe even kill her... but never tea...