~ 33 ~

The bell rang and Violet and I stayed on our seats.
"Thank you... For sticking up for me I mean." I smiled to her. "Of course! You must've gone through some shit... I can't believe how teachers don't give a fuck..." She said and turned her head to face me.

I could truly see her face now. She had a lip ring that I hadn't even noticed before. She looked so cool and intimidating.. I didn't even know why she would want to talk to me.
"But you don't know me though, why would you stick up for me and get detention for someone else?" I asked her confused but thankful.
"Because I felt like it. Now shut up about it or I will regret sticking up for you." She chuckled.

I looked at my table and then at her. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to annoy you.. I just.. I'm very confused about-"

She looked at me and I stopped talking. I remembered that she didn't want me to ask further questions about it but that just made me wonder more why she did what she did. I mean maybe she was just being kind, but if that was the case then why was she being so secretive about something...
I felt her gaze on me. "I stopped talking about it why are you still looking at me?" I asked keeping my eyes on my table.
"Because I look at whatever I want to look. You seemed pretty badass in class, where is
that Y/N now?" She asked with a soft chuckle.

"I'm never a badass.. I'm just.. I try to protect myself from situations I don't want to be in or situations where I know others are wrong or hurting my feelings.." I said finally looking up at her.
Her eyes never left my face.
"And I think that's a smart thing to do. Just don't get too ahead of yourself. Sometimes.. You just can't protect yourself and you've got to accept that." She responded.

"What do you mean? You can't accept it when you can't protect yourself! That's like saying you won't yell just because the murderer in front of you has a knife and you have nothing! It could still save your life to yell, so why would you risk it and accept faith?!" I said suddenly becoming so angry because it hit too close to home.
"I'm sorry I was just playing around, I kind of have a hard time seeing how other people feel. I'm sorry if I hit something emotional for you." She responded.

For a long time I didn't respond. But after the teacher had come back into the room after talking to other students I whispered: "It's alright.."

Happy pride month! <3