Chapter 46

The last chapter of Marrying The Billionaire Was Never Her Dream. I'm gonna cry, lol.

Enjoy.

Zarah's POV

Not much has changed since Aysha's death a month ago.

I won't say I was the one that suffered most because of her death, but I was one of the few people that had taken long to overcome it. Alongside her parents, siblings, Rukayya and Harris.

The latter had shown up right after the broadcast demanding to see her... one last time. We certainly weren't cruel enough to not let him see the girl he loved before they took her to her grave.

Needless to say, that brought a fresh wave of tears.

I sincerely hoped he would move on and find someone else. But it was his choice if he didn't, and I wished him all the best no matter what his decision was.

Ayyan entered the room as I sat up on the bed.

"How are you feeling?" he said, sitting down beside me and giving me a much-needed hug and a lingering kiss on the forehead.

"Like the baby should come out sooner than planned."

I groaned, and Ayyan laughed.

It wasn't a completely pleasant feeling having a baby grow inside of you. It was nice sometimes, but when you're constantly puking, and no longer have control over your emotions, you tend to remember how it felt like not to have a baby growing inside you.

"Six more months, and you'll be holding him/her," Ayyan said, stifling a laugh.

I punched him lightly on the shoulder, muttering, "Jackass."

The time it had taken for us to get back to normal—or whatever normal was—was painfully long, and filled with days spent in either mourning, tears or self-blame.

We had finally come to terms with the harsh trust: Aysha was gone and we needed to move on with our lives. She would've wanted that.

I climbed down from the bed. I needed to stop lazying around and get myself ready. Rukayya, Maryam, Yusrah and I were going baby shopping. The first of many, according to Yusrah.

She had successfully given birth to Hussain around the same time Aysha died. How she even had the energy to go baby shopping was beyond me.

"Shouldn't you be working or something?" I looked at Ayyan, who was sprawled on the bed as he lazily went through his phone.

He gave me a wink. "Have you forgotten that I'm the boss?"

I snorted. "Some boss you are."

Before I could say another word, Ayyan had left the bed and was inches away from my face. "Then you certainly wouldn't mind me showing you," his hot breath blew on my lips, making me shiver slightly.

"Why don't I show you instead?" I didn't let him respond before I reached up and pressed my lips to his.

The kiss was slow and left me all breathless. My hands quickly found a way to his neck as I tried to push him closer. He seemed to get the hint as he grabbed the small of my back with his hands and squeezed. I moaned, and he gained entrance into my mouth.

The kiss lasted a couple more seconds until I pulled away, flustered. It was everything I needed and more. It had conveyed every emotion that I had been feeling for the past weeks. All the hurt, the anger, the grief, the loss and the blame.

And I felt his too.

The way it quickly turned into a connection between our souls was almost frightening, yet particularly satisfying.