Chapter Nine : Well At Least The Kidnappers Are Keeping It Classy These Days

Twitter: @BlairHoldenx

Instagram: @jessgirl93

Dedicated to _JustOneWord_ for the gorgeous banner on the side! :D Thank you so much!

 Chapter Nine : Well At Least The Kidnappers Are Keeping It Classy These Days

 Discretion and stealth are not what some may call my strong suits. When you spend a better part of your life as severely overweight you tend to become a klutz and in relation to all that excess weight you also become noticeable. In the hallway you can always pick out the fat girl over and above everyone else, it's always the fat girl who gets picked on in the lunch line and it's always the fat girl who thinks surviving gym is tougher than going out for battle.

I was that fat girl.

Now though since I fit society's description of an acceptable high school girl I've managed to lose a ton of those disadvantages, people for the most part tend to leave me alone. However what I haven't managed to lose is my lack of subtlety which is why the moment I creep into school I'm ambushed by one of Nicole's cronies. Even though I have my hood up and my face is hardly showing they still somehow recognize me and one of them, Marcy if I recall correctly shoves into me hard enough so that all the contents of my bag spill over the floor. Sighing I bend down to collect all the flyaway notes and important pieces of paper. It figures that they choose today to attack seeing it's the first time in nearly two weeks that I've come on my own and have not been driven by Cole.

Cole.

Another despondent sigh escapes me as I think about him and how things went the last time I'd seen him. After the two of them left I switched off my cell phone and laptop spending the rest of the day just wandering around the house listening to sad Shania Twain songs and reading depressing Edgar Allen Poe stories.

Yup, I'm not affected by his absence whatsoever.

Before I can reach for my Coco-Cola can shaped memory stick someone else has already picked it up and as my eyes travel from her skull and bones patterned Converse to her ripped tights warmth and a sense of relief is finally starting to fill my chest. Being tossed around by a bunch of minions isn't the best way to kick start your Monday mornings now is it?

"Hey." Beth smiles as I get up from the floor, she hands me the memory stick her hands shaking slightly as she glares into the distance no doubt at Thing One and Thing Two.

"One of these days I'm going to rip their fake bottle blonde hair out and you won't be able to stop me." She's still fuming as we walk to homeroom. I understand why she reacts so strongly to these things, in her old school she'd been the bully she once told me and it'd taken one near death experience to make her realize that you just can play with people's emotions so much. Beth looks quite intimidating but inside she's a big softie though and seeing people being taken advantage of brings back that side of her. If I were Nicole I'd tread with care because no one knows when my friend here would reach the point of saturation when it comes to bullying.

"You don't need that on your permanent record okay? Remember Berkley your big dream school, I doubt they'll take axe murderers."

"At least I'll rid the world of those brainless Barbies."

"Hey!  I like Barbies." I say in protest, my entire childhood all I did was collect those beautiful blonde haired dolls and still had a fair amount locked up in the closet.

Well the ones whose heads Cole hadn't fed to his dog.

She chuckles and shakes her head as we enter our homeroom and lo behold ladies and gentlemen, Mrs. Sanchez is hiding her face behind a copy of Macbeth but we all know she's asleep. There's an essay topic written on the board, one which no one will bother to write. Well no one except Megan who's already in her seat and scribbling away like crazy. As we take our seats, me behind her and Beth next to her she doesn't even look up.