29: Maybe Perfect

Chapter 29

The next night came way too quickly for my liking and I was a bundle of nerves. I knew in my mind that it wasn’t me that should be nervous seeing as I had met and hung out at Jeffery’s Café with Jett’s friends before. However, that fact didn’t stop the nerves.

At the moment, my mind was screaming at me that tonight was a bad idea. It was going to be awkward and downright weird.

But I really wanted to go.

That’s why when Piper texted me a couple of minutes ago asking if she was still driving tonight, I replied with a positive answer.

Tonight I had decided that I would take the night off as chauffeur and let that role fall onto Piper’s shoulders. Usually I hung out with Jett after his shows and if that was going to happen again, I really didn’t feel comfortable with leaving my friends stranded at the café or leaving my car in a near empty parking lot. When I told Piper this, she quickly told me that it was no problem for her to drive for the night. Now, usually Piper didn’t like to drive her car and her volunteering so willingly worried me slightly, but I had a sneaking suspicion that the reason she agreed so quickly was due to the fact that she wanted to push me closer to Jett.

But there was no time for thinking about that now because Piper had just texted me back saying she was leaving in approximately fifteen minutes and I currently had a major problem on my hands.

I had nothing to wear.

Figuratively of course. I had a bunch of clothes in my closer but as I stood in front of my room of clothes, with my hands on my hips, I couldn’t for the life of me decide on what to wear.

After another couple of minutes of staring blindly into my closet, I chose a pair of white skinny jeans, a maroon coloured chiffon shirt with a white camisole and a black belt. I got dressed quickly, trying not to frizz up my hair that I had already straightened and put on a bit of mascara and lip gloss before heading downstairs.

As I got to the bottom of the stairs I heard the familiar honking of Piper’s horn, notifying me of her presence.

I quickly slipped on a pair of black vans before grabbing my purse, which consisted of a key to the house and my wallet, and heading out the door.

It was a little chilly for just a long sleeve shirt on this early February night, but since I knew that the café indeed had heat and it was usually crowded, I pay much thought to the couple seconds of wind I would have to endure when I walked to and from Piper’s car.

I scurried my way down the driveway to where Piper parked her car and quickly climbed into the passenger’s side. I put my seatbelt on quickly, assuming that Piper would pull out from my driveway quickly, however, that was not the case.