21 | crying over a man

~ ❁ ✾ ❃ ❋ ~

~ ❁ ✾ ❃ ❋ ~

Y/n's mind was pretty much invaded by Jungkook. She couldn't focus at work, constantly replaying flashbacks of the sudden reunion.

"Y/n!" Jin clapped his hands, suddenly barging into his friend's office. "What do you think of my suit?"

The (h/c)-haired woman pursed her lips, taking a minute to observe her friend's professional attire.

"Maybe orange is too much."

"Orange? Too much?" he gasped. "I want to stand out, Y/n!"

"Is that necessary?"

Jin frowned. "Of course it is! You know I like it when people notice me."

"You're easy on the eye. I think that's enough for you to get noticed."

An arrogant smile crept up his face. "I like the sound of it. Please, compliment me more."

"Piss off. I'm trying to work!"

"My my, disrespecting your boss?"

"I wouldn't call you my boss."

"Alright, what's wrong?" The (h/c)-haired woman cocked an eyebrow, silently questioning her friend. "You seem to be in a bad mood. Tell me what is wrong."

"I'm fine." Her disdainful eyeroll caused the man to groan in frustration.

"Is it about your ex again?"

Y/n rolled her eyes, strongly shaking her head from left to right. "It's not." She sighed to herself. "I saw an old friend a few days ago, and it makes me nostalgic."

"Oh." Now that his friend had managed to pique his interest, Jin sat on the edge of the desk. "Tell me more."

"I don't what to say... We used to be friends back in college, but bad circumstances led us to part ways." She spoke in a quiet, soothing tone. "I'd rather not talk about it now; I really don't want to think about it."

Jin did not insist. "We will talk about it during lunch. For now, try to hurry. You're unusually slow," he pointed at the manuscript sitting on the desk before leaving the office room.

Y/n sighed to herself, allowing her head to fall on the chair's backrest. It was a quarter past ten, and she hadn't been able to focus on her work until now. Her main task for the day was to correct a promising manuscript written by a native German woman who moved to South Korea three years ago. Out of three hundred and sixty-four pages, only nine were done.

"It's going to be a long day..." she sighed to herself.

During lunch, Y/n opened up to her friend and explained to him what was troubling her. After a long conversation, both came to the conclusion that she should wait and see what would happen on the wedding day. Perhaps Jungkook was not interested in her anymore; which was plausible considering they hadn't spoken in five years.