Chapter 6: Apples and Griffons

At Sweet Apple Acres, Applejack and her big brother Big Mac, who has a cast around his sides since he got an injury, are looking at the apple orchird. Big Mac had a brilliant amaranth coat, moderate sap green eyes, a brilliant orange mane and tail, his hooves were a light yellowish gray, and his Cutie Mark was a green apple showing the core of it.

 Big Mac had a brilliant amaranth coat, moderate sap green eyes, a brilliant orange mane and tail, his hooves were a light yellowish gray, and his Cutie Mark was a green apple showing the core of it

Applejack: Boy howdy! I got my work cut out for me. That there is the biggest bumper crop o' apples I ever laid eyes on.

Big Mac: Eeyup. Too big for you to handle on your own.

Applejack: Come on, big brother! You need to rest up and get yourself better. I haven't met an apple orchard yet that I can't handle.

Applejack accidentally touched Big Mac's injury on his body which made him glare at her to stop.

Applejack: Oops, sorry. I'll take a bite out of this job by day's end.

Big Mac: Biting off more than you can chew is just what I'm afraid of.

Applejack: Are you sayin' my mouth is makin' promises my legs can't keep?

Big Mac: Eeyup.

Applejack: Why of all the. . . This is your sister Applejack, remember? The loyalest of friends and the most dependable of ponies?

Big Mac: But still only one pony, and one pony plus hundreds o' apple trees just doesn't add up to. . .

Applejack: Don't you use your fancy mathematics to muddy the issue! I said I could handle this harvest and I'm gonna prove it to you. I'm gonna get every last apple out of those trees this applebuck season all by myself.

Big Mac just sighs and walks away while Applejack gulps at how much apple trees she needs to buck.

Big Mac: (Thoughts) She's definitely in over her head. I better ask for some help. Hmm. . . maybe (Y/N) can help with this year's applebuck season.

(Y/N) was currently in his house practicing some combat magic spells on a test dummy.

(Y/N): Okay, just a bit more practice and I'll probably be able to learn some more advanced spells.

A knock was then heard on (Y/N)'s door.

(Y/N): Who could that be?

(Y/N) goes to his front door and opens to find his friend Big Mac in front of him. He then notices the injury he had around his body.

(Y/N): Hey, Big Mac. . . whoa! What happened to you?

Big Mac: I see you noticed. I got injured recently from stopping a runaway cart from almost running over into a group of foals.

(Y/N): Ouch! Well in a way I guess the injury was worth it.

Big Mac: Eeyup, anyway I came to actually ask you something.