Chapter 8: Dragonshy

Today was a nice day out in Ponyville as (Y/N) was flying over the town in an extremely happy mood.

(Y/N): YAHOO!!!

(Y/N) was flying fast over the town as anypony who saw him waved at him with a smile and he waved back. He then landed on top of his house sitting down on the roof gazing at the sky.

(Y/N): *relaxed sigh* Blue skies, white clouds, shining sun, what a day. This is what I always love to see in the world. The only thing that can ruin this view is trouble.

Spike: Hey (Y/N)!

(Y/N) looked down from the roof to see Spike on the ground waving at him to get his attention.

(Y/N): Hey Spike. What's up?

Spike: You didn't notice the sky? It's covered in smoke.

(Y/N) looked up with a confused look as the sky looked clear to him.

(Y/N): I don't see any smoke. Seems clear to me.

Spike: Behind you.

(Y/N) then turned around and looked up to see a stream of dark smoke covering the sky and he was surprised.

(Y/N): Whoa! What happened? Where's the fire?

Spike: Twilight will explain everything, she said that all of the Elements of Harmony need to meet up in the library for an important meeting and since you're the Element of Heroism, you're needed.

(Y/N): Alright then. I'm coming.

(Y/N) then flew to the Golden Oak Library to meet the rest of the Mane 7 there.

As soon as everyone met at the Golden Oak Library, Twilight explained that the smoke in the sky is not from a fire, but rather a dragon.

Applejack: What in the name of all things cinnamon swirled is a full-grown dragon doing here in Equestria?

Twilight Sparkle: Sleeping.

Mane 6: Huh?

Twilight Sparkle: According to Princess Celestia, he's taking a nap. His snoring is what's causing all this smoke.

Pinkie Pie: He should really see a doctor. That doesn't sound healthy at all.

Rarity: Well, at least he's not snoring fire. What are we meant to do about it?

Rainbow Dash: I'll tell you what we're meant to do. Give him the boot. Take that. And that!

Rainbow Dash then tried to tackle the wooden bust of a horse, but Twilight used her magic to move it out of the way which made Rainbow Dash tackle into the bookcase.

(Y/N): Dash, are you crazy? Clearly that what the reckless pony would do. If we just rush in there and attack it, it could roast all of us alive!

The Mane 6 shivered when (Y/N) said that.

(Y/N): Not that I would let that happen to any of you.

The Mane 6 then blushed a little at (Y/N)'s will to protect them.

(Y/N): We should what a pacifist would do. And that is try to get him to sleep somewhere else.

Twilight Sparkle: (Y/N)'s right. We need to encourage him to take a nap somewhere else. Princess Celestia has given us this mission, and we must not fail. If we do, Equestria will be covered in smoke for the next one hundred years.

Fluttershy: *gasps*

Rarity: Hmph. Talk about getting your beauty sleep.

Twilight Sparkle: All right everypony, I need you to gather supplies quickly. We've got a long journey ahead of us. Let's meet back here in less than an hour.