I'm Not A Dog

Damian's P.O.V.:

Swinging across the night sky would usually calm me, considering the immense amount of adrenaline one would get; however, that is not the case today. I'm the total opposite of calm. My mind is racing, I can't focus on anything in front of me. So far, during this journey to the GCPD, I've nearly crashed into three buildings. Oh shit.

I run across the windows of the building, releasing and relaunching my grappling hook. 

Make that four.

I swing towards Grayson, finding that he and I have gone towards different directions. Thankfully, Grayson hasn't noticed my lack of focus or my disappearance. 

We continue to swing from building to building, running from roof to roof, until we reach the station. I try to stay focus, but the images of Demetria's wounded body play over and over again in my head. The fresh, long, deep wounds, covering her body from head to toe. The litters of blood that she had lost. The torture I was forced to watch her go through. The screams and cries of pain. All of it. And I did nothing. What kind of brother am I?

"Are you okay?"

I look up, seeing Grayson in front of me, swinging backward.

I blinked, slightly confused about the scene before me. "What the hell are you doing?"

He turns his head to look behind him and flips into the air. Releasing the hook of his grapple and relaunching it. I do the same, following right behind him. But once again, I find him swinging backward, staring at me.

I furrow my eyes at him. "Are you going to answer my questions?" I ask, slightly annoyed.

"It's obvious that I'm checking up on you," he says in a matter-of-factly tone. Grayson releases his grapple and lands on a roof. I follow in pursuit. He slows his pace to match mine, starting run night next to me. "Not it's your turn."

"For what?"

"To answer my question. Are you okay?"

"Tch. I'm fine," I answer, not wanting to go any deeper into this conversation. "Why'd I have to be stuck with you?"

He stares at me. "Seriously?" he deadpans. "Who would you rather be with? From what I know, you don't have the best relationship with any other guys. Or with anyone in general."

"I'd rather be with my sister," I grit out, running ahead and jumping onto the next building. 

Grayson catches up to me, looking over at me. "Hey sorry. I didn't mean it like that. I—"

"Shut up, Grayson. If you want to insult me, then I'd prefer that you do it when I'm in a better mood," I tell him, speeding off ahead.

But before I am out of ear-reach I hear him mutter. "You have more than one emotion?"

I stop in my tracks and turn back at him, growling. 

He stops in his tracks and walks up to me. He puts a hand on my shoulder but I swat it away. Hitting his hand, it doesn't budge, his grip tightens. "Look, Damian, the quicker we get to the Commission the quicker we get back to the cave to and check on your sister. Okay?"

I look at his hand and glare at him. He makes a promising deal. I nod my head in acceptance. He smiles at me and releases his grip on me. As he releases his grip, I punch him in the gut and walk off into the direction of the GCPD.

"Hurry up Grayson. We don't have all day." I grapple off without giving him a second glance. A few seconds in of swinging through the Gotham night sky, I hear whisp near me. Turning my head, I see a scowling Grayson, clenching his gut while swinging in the air.  "Hmph. It's what you get."