146. Luna Audrey

Luna Audrey

by nicolevf14

Audrey Allen had lived her entire life in the Dark Root pack, and every minute of it had been dreadful. Well, perhaps not every minute of her life, but every moment she had endured since her mother's death ten years ago had shaped her into the pathetic excuse for a woman that she was today.

Or at least, that's how she viewed herself. A decade of neglect and abuse would do that to a girl. All Audrey believed she was good for was cooking and cleaning the pack house, and her father had her doubting even those abilities.Alpha Dean Whittaker had ruled as Alpha of Dark Root for eight years by himself. Although he secretly craved his mate, his Luna, to appear in his life and allow him to strengthen his pack even more, he knew his chances of ever finding her were slim. He was feared by both his own pack members and surrounding packs, so even if he ever did find his mate, he'd likely have to force her to stay. 

Not that that'd be a problem - Alpha Dean did as he pleased.When a chance encounter brings Audrey and Dean face-to-face, both of their lives are turned upside down. As they endure the new challenges life has presented them, they find that they possess the power to either build each other up, or tear each other apart.