Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter twenty-one

A week passed and Srishti still hadn't given her answer to Sahil while he waited patiently. He had not bugged her after their conversation for marriage and true to his words had accompanied her to the doctor for the regular checkup.

It surprised Srishti and somewhat irritated her as well. She wasn't used to this side of him and it was all she way more confusing.

Her relation with Aditya was now a little better than before. They were not avoiding each other atleast and that was the first step.

About the marriage, the more she thought about it the more she found his reasonings logical. For their own benefits and egos, they couldn't ruin the life of their child who had absolutely no mistake in this.

Yes, she would be ready to do anything for her child, to provide her/him a secured future but what about her? What about her wishes? Didn't she have a right to find a person who loved her, valued her? What was she going to do in this fake, loveless marriage?

All her life until now she lived for her children at the orphanage and now she had to do the same. She was only living for others and not for herself. She had to kill her desires, her wishes in order to give them a better tomorrow and she will have to continue doing that now for her own kid.

What was her life? Was it even her own?

She had hence decided that she was going to visit the orphanage today to have some change in her life and also to distract herself. She only hoped that she could talk to Zevah about it and come up with a solution.

────────

Rohit had too much on his hands, he was too busy to even have his breakfast, lunch or dinner peacefully. He had to work on the termination of the contract, then there was handling of the media, Reva Khurrana was a big nuisance as well, add to that the daily affairs of the company.

It was almost as if he had no life of his own. He lived only for the company. Though he never complained because he had no idea it was going to be this tough while signing up to work with Sahil Malhotra but sometimes he felt like leaving it all and going far away to live his life without any work pressure.

The intercom buzzed and Rohit was called in by his boss. Sahil had come to work for this one day because of an emergency. He took a deep breath and moved towards his cabin.

"Yes sir." He reported to Sahil who was busy looking at something in his laptop.

"Rohit, have you terminated the contract?" Sahil asked without looking at him and he never even wasted his time by looking at him and waiting for his reply.

"I'm on it sir." Rohit replied and waited for the next question to be thrown at him.

"What about the media?" Rohit smiled to himself knowing this was going to be the next question.

"I've handled them so far but Reva Khurrana has sent an invite to her party that is held tomorrow." This was something he was hesitating to inform because even after denying the invitation, she was adamant on getting a 'yes' from him.

"I even denied it but she threatened me instead saying she'll make me lose my job." Sahil looked at Rohit and seeing the coldness in his eyes, Rohit knew no one could snatch his job except the devil himself.