Chapter 15

Dedicated to MeganBerg5 for sweet comments.

We leave for Cousins today.All the excitement was killing me. I packed three suitcases for me and Conrad had his own luggage.All the bags were dumped on the bed when Conrad entered the room.

"May I check what you've packed in these three suitcases?",he asked in a flirting kind of way.

"No",I said matching the same tone in his voice.

"I have a right to",he said stepping near me and pouting.

"And why is that so?",I said pushing him away playfully.

"Because everyone knows you're not carrying those suitcases by yourself."

"Well you have a point."

"So?"

"So you get to check."

He zipped open the first bag that had presents in them. He peeped inside and saw chocolates filled in the bag. He burst out laughing.

"What?You didn't except me to give them only those presents we got right?"

"No I didn't.When did you get them?"

"When you were at work",I said proudly.

"And how many are for you?"

"Some." He laughed again. I didn't get what was so funny. Did I have something on my face?

"What's so funny?",I asked.

"Nothing."

"Huh."

"You're just so cute."

He was closing the bag when I tip-toed to kiss him on the cheek but he'd turned at that exact second and eventually I'd planted a kiss on his nose.

He chuckled,"Better try that again." He leaned in and gave me a perfect kiss on the lips. He just gave me a peck,like I expected but then he looked in my eyes and leaned again giving me a full kiss this time. The one that brought firecrackers, coloured balloons and tiny butterflies.

He opened my next packed suitcase and neatly examined all my clothes. He stopped upon a bikini that I had packed between my clothes. Another chance which he took to laugh"You know it's not summer right?"

"So what?"

"You'll die if you swim when it's this cold."

"No I wouldn't."

"You never listen do you?"

"Never."

He placed the bikini in and raised an eyebrow at the many dresses I'd taken. He smiled at me when he saw my mistletoe pajamas and big t-shirts.

The last bag was filled with my engagement essentials. The two dresses I'd chosen,one for every special occasion:The engagement and Christmas Day. It was also filled with my makeup, hair clips,straightener and stuff.

When he was done,he finally said in the same arrogant way he usually used,"Well,I wouldn't mind carrying these bags.And can I add some of my stuff inside that third bag of yours?"

"Of course."

***

When we were near Cousins I could feel the salty air coming through the window.The breeze caught my hair and made me shiver. Adrenaline more precisely. I was nervous but excited to share the beach house with more people.

We were the first ones to reach Cousins. Jeremiah and Steven arrived an hour later. It was going to be just us,the summer kids for one day,for old time's sake. We were going a day before everyone to spend our time together. Have fun. Conrad picked up two of my suitcases and I picked up the last one. Well, I couldn't blame Conrad for those solid muscles.