8

“Alright, the inspector will be here in about an hour. The two problematic ones are at work so I’m sure it’ll be fine.” You wipe the sweat off your hands on your jeans and Hobi walks around the kitchen to clean up a little.

“Relax, everything will go fine.” He pats your shoulder as he passes you to the living room.

“Are they not gonna question the bandages?” Namjoon asks with his uninjured hand holding up his cheek on the counter.

“They probably will, but that’s something we can blame on them since you had that other injury and didn’t care to check. Not that you’d let them anyway.” You pace around the room and Jimin scoots on a pillow towards you.

“Noona?” He bumps into your leg as you take a step back.

“Yes?”

“When is my inspection?”

“You already had your inspection, hun. Just you were sleeping since you were healing.” You pet his ears and he leans his head on your thigh.

“I’m allowed to stay then?”

“Yes, you’re allowed to stay.”

Namjoon watches how you’re just standing in the middle of the kitchen, staring at the hall where the front door is while holding your hands together in front of your chest in a nervous manner.

“You’ve had inspections for shelter hybrids before haven’t you?”

“Yes, but not like this.”

“What do you mean?”

“You’re a little more difficult than they were, if you haven’t noticed. And I’m advocating for both you and Jungkook, not just one of you. I’m trying to keep you together wherever you go.” You keep staring at the door and he turns his chair to you.

“Why would that be an issue?”

“If they see you’re bad with each other, then they’ll separate you when you’re relocated. Whether it’s here if you agree or somewhere else. You two get aggressive when you’re apart, which is why I sometimes pull you away from each other so that when you get tested, you won’t have to worry about failing. They don’t see it as supporting each other, they see it as being attached and codependent.”

“Why is that a bad thing?”

“Because some people don’t want two hybrids. If you become feral because Jungkook is taken, they’ll-” You stop and put your hands down.

“It’s better if you show you’re okay with being apart. Based on your records, if you show you’re okay being alone, they’ll believe if one of you leaves like on a regular event, you won’t get aggressive.”

“I don’t get aggressive.”

“Yes, you do.” You turn to him and he notices how tired you look.

“In the shelter, if they took him to the room right next to yours for a check up, you’d lose your mind. So would he, but more like a kid being taken from his mother. You’d lose your mind like a mother losing her kid. They don’t want that.” You turn your head to the door and sigh.

“You’re not as aggressive as you used to be, I’m proud you’re improving.” You smile slightly and Hobi brings you a chair. You thank him and sit, facing the hall.

“What are you going to do if we get approved?” He asks quietly and you look at Jungkook who is playing with Taehyung’s ears.

“Hope for the best.”

“Noona?” Jungkook calls out and you tilt your head.

“If I get approved, can I stay with you?” He asks and your heart swells.