Day 5: Is That Just the Thunder, or are the Gods Applauding?

A/N: Do not write any sexual/NSFW comments on this fic please.

George knew he wanted to tell him, wanted to confess his feelings to him before he had to return back to London. Sapnap and he had held a conversation the night before while Dream took a shower about doing it, and Sapnap had reassured him that there was no way he was going to screw up by telling him, even though Dream was still in denial about George's feelings.

George knew he wanted to do it. He just didn't know when.

It didn't feel right to do it when they had gotten back to Dream's home that night, after the conversation. It also didn't feel right as Dream and George crawled into Dream's bed that night, despite them being alone and the comfortable air around them creating a good atmosphere to. It didn't feel right as he drifted to sleep, faintly registering Dream shifting in bed and casually slipping his arm around George's stomach, the action having grown into an intimate habit over the last couple of nights. No, none of those moments felt right. George had to wait, wait until he found the perfect moment.

--------------------

The light and distant rumble of thunder coaxed Dream from his slumber, sleepily blinking. He had totally forgotten it was supposed to storm. If it got any worse than what the forecast predicted, they would have to stay home for the day to avoid getting caught in a flash flood, a common occurrence in Dream's town. Another distant rumble of thunder was heard, and Dream judged that their day was going to be spent inside Dream's home. He was a little disappointed; He'd planned to drag Sapnap and George to the zoo in the neighboring city.

Dream sighed and buried his head deeper into George's soft hair. Oh well, Dream figured the three of them needed a breathing day anyways, they've been doing nothing but run around for the past couple of days and he would be lying if he said his legs weren't a little sore, especially from yesterday's laser-tag game. 

Speaking of yesterday's game... Dream was reminded of how much fun it was. Running around in the lavender light of the arena, enjoying the looks on his friends' faces every time he caught them.

He remembered the banter he and George shared after one of the times Dream shot him, and how a peculiar noise George made had his body essentially shut down from becoming flustered, George stealing his gun from him while he was distracted. He remembered how fun it was chasing the slender man around, eventually catching him from behind and tackling him to the ground in the heat of the moment. He remembered how pretty, almost ethereal, George had looked with his face gently lit from his magenta vest and the light purple lights around them. How his face looked so surprised, his lips parted slightly, looking soft, and how Dream wanted nothing more than to kiss him right then and there.

But Dream figured that wouldn't have been a good idea. It wasn't like George felt the same about him, anyways. Subconsciously sighing again and pressing deeper into George, Dream told himself that he was fine with it, fine with just being friends, ignoring the way his chest clenched gently from the pain that erupted in his heart.

He wasn't going to sacrifice their friendship over his dumb feelings.

Dream fell back asleep listening to the sound of the distant thunder grow closer, the rumbling becoming his throbbing heart's lullaby.

--------------------

George was startled awake by a vicious clap of thunder erupting overhead, the strength of it making the foundation of the small house tremble. Sitting up, George rubbed his eyes, growing acutely aware of Dream wrapping his other arm around George's left side, effectively encasing him in some sort of hug as Dream gently tugged George's body back down onto the mattress to bury his face in his stomach, an argumentive hum being felt through his shirt as he gasped from the sudden intimacy, face growing hot and a massive amount of butterflies beginning to flutter in his stomach where Dream currently had his head resting.