T W E N T Y T W O

TWENTY TWO: BOUQUET & PASTA

A WAITRESS HANDED me a well wrapped bouquet of red roses. I smiled at her. A ghost of a feeling taunted me that it was so unlike me. Ignoring, I walked. 

"You have to turn around and throw the bouquet towards those girls. Whosoever catches it will be the first one to get married."

"Okay."

I didn't turn around. I don't trust my skills in the throwing sector and I was sure who was going to get wedded so why should I act? There wasn't any profit to act all mysterious and create cheap suspense. I was rather a very straightforward person. 

Walking confidently towards the confused girls, I stopped at Roh, who was by God's grace and coincidentally in the middle. 

Roh looked at me as if she had seen a ghost but I was cheekily smiling without a faze. I rolled my lips inside to stop to break into an even dazzler smile. 

I witnessed Christian coming and kneeling behind her and all the girls silently scooted away. Our eyes connected and the matter was settled in the mist. 

"What?" Roh whispered unsurely. 

I handed her the bunch, jarring the emotions which were oozing out of me. I was becoming erratic with each passing second. 

She took it from my clasp and nodded meekly, as if nodding to herself. She looked absolutely adorable. 

"Turn around, stupid." I beamed, excitedly. She cautiously twisted her body to the opposite direction, keeping her eyes focused on me, as if there was fire behind her. 

But this fire wasn't going to burn her but make her shine like a sun, radiating and oozing sunlight of happiness. My heart overwhelmed at the scene and I stepped back gingerly. 

I stumbled, skipping one step as breath knocked off me. Fortunately, a pair of hands held me by my shoulders. He had long fingers. 

Turning my face, I saw Theodore. I smiled tenderly at him and steadied myself, awkwardly. His hand subsided to the small of my back and rested there as tingles erupted there, moving southwards.

"Will you marry me, Rohanna Abigail Sinclair and make me the happiest man alive and be my partner to break the beds and watch the sunrise-subset and be the mother to my children?"

Silence. 

More silence. 

And still… silence. 

Is she reconsidering her options? Is she gonna say no? Does she like someone else? 

My mind flooded with innumerable queries. 

A sob broke the defeating silence. I sucked in breath, more like gasped. 

"Of course idiot." She launched herself over the kneeling Christian and kissed him on the mouth. 

I cooed along with others and clapped my hands, frantically. If my heart had a face, then it would be smiling to see them happy. 

"Now you can let your lip rest. You've already worried it too much." Theodore whispered behind my ear and I instantly released my lip which I didn't remember biting. I looked down as heat rushed up my neck, filling the tingling cells of my cheek. But a smile still crept up my face. 

Why am I so happy? 

"What's with you and smiling today?" Theodore asked with pure confusion both our eyes were trained on the lovely couple kissing in front of our eyes.