Chapter 29

Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore was tired of her hectic lifestyle beginning from her bed chambers and ending in the royal court. It had been two months, she had killed the dacoits and since then, the administration of the kingdom was running smoothly.

The commander-in-chief of the royal army, Avdhesh Singh Ranawat had reverted back to his duties and Aparajita was happy to see him fit and fine.

Siddharth Pratap Singh had appreciated the idea of Aparajita as she made the best use of the opportunity by saving the prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput from the dacoits and ensuring amicable relation between the two kingdoms as both Vijaygarh and Shivgarh had lost much in the recent years due to the animosity.

The royal ministers of Vijaygarh were visiting the village of Surajpur next week wherein a canal was constructed to divert the waters from river Yamuna flowing through the kingdom.

The inauguration of the canal was indeed an important event for the imperial kingdom of Vijaygarh as it was the first accomplished venture in the reign of the new queen. The preparations of the event was going on with pomp and show.

The seventeen year old little girl inside the royal queen, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore was excited for her first successful endeavor for the people of Surajpur. Getting bored from her monotonous life, the queen wanted to take a break for her royal lifestyle. She was in a dire need of a break as she wanted to find solace. Aparajita wanted a day off from the proceedings of the royal court and was deliberately searching for an alibi.

As she was talking to one of the royal maids while the young maid braided her ebony black hair, she got an idea. She realized since many days she had not purchased the trendy outfits for herself along with the opulent jewelry. She smirked as she got an alibi to enjoy her break.

In the royal court, she asked the royal drummers to make an announcement that the queen wanted the cloth merchants of the city to bring up regal attires for her in the palace. She was planning to purchase some beautiful royal dresses for herself stitched in soft silk fabric and embellished with exotic gems along with the ostentatious jewelry. The little girl inside the authoritative queen chirped with the idea excited to see the new clothes.

The prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput, on the other hand, was dealing with conflicts inside him. On the one hand, he wanted to take revenge crumbling the pride of the arrogant queen while on the contrary, he was driven towards the innocence and righteousness of the queen. He was surely admiring the woman of principles, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore, the royal queen of Vijaygarh, from the bottom of his heart.

Veerbhadra had left Vijaygarh after losing eight of his best men of Rajputana army for a while and relaxed himself in his palace continuously avoiding the gaze of the ministers of Shivgarh who had hopes from him.

His childhood friend and commander-in-chief of Rajputana army, Uday Singh Chauhan had tried to reason with the prince about his mad idea which led to the death of the eminent royal guards but Veerbhadra, who was blinded with the idea of revenge, had remained unfazed.

The royals of Shivgarh were indeed, excited to see the downfall of the majestic empire of Vijaygarh in near future. The desire to live up to the expectations of the royal ministers of Shivgarh had brought Veerbhadra back to Vijaygarh.

Strengthening his resolve, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput had disguised himself into a common man of Vijaygarh who was working with a cloth merchant selling clothes at a makeshift shop on the lanes of the markets of Vijaygarh a month ago.

Veerbhadra was keeping an eye on every move of the queen and waiting for the right time to execute his plan when he got an amazing opportunity. As the royal drummers of the palace informed that the queen wanted the exotic masterpieces for herself in the royal palace the next day, Veerbhadra smirked at himself as he got another chance to meet the queen. Simpering, he imagined the royal queen donning in a beautiful attire and he asked his employer to make the best use of the opportunity to multiply their profits.

“Though you are saying the truth, young man, still we cannot compete with the best quality products other merchants have”, the old merchant said to Veerbhadra as he tried to explain his employee that he did not have the soft silk attires for the queen. Being the dealer of the exotic cotton and muslin, the poor old merchant could never even think of dealing in the royal silk though he admired the ambitious young man and his idea.

Veerbhadra sighed as he said, “Sir, I know a friend, who stays in another kingdom. Just give me a leave and I will get the best quality of the dresses for the queen by tomorrow morning. All I will need is fifty percent of my share of profits and a chance to meet the revered queen, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore.” He had tried to be as realistic as possible.

“Which kingdom?”, the old merchant questioned squinting his eyes glaring at the mysterious young man who worked for him and helped him with his makeshift cloth shop on the footpath of the market.

“Narendranagar”, Veerbhadra answered as he purposely avoided the name of the place he was actually going to. Having recently captured Narendranagar, he knew the kingdom was famous for its special silk and heavily embroidered royal dresses.

The old merchant happily gave the permission to Veerbhadra along with his horse and Veerbhadra took his leave. The guileful prince of Shivgarh had planned to go to Shivgarh and collect myriads of colorful dresses for the royal queen which would look breathtaking on her. He had full confidence on his choice and he knew the queen would definitely like the dresses he would select for her. He mentally noted to not meet Uday or his father who never agreed to his devious ways of revenge.

Apart from this, Veerbhadra also wanted to bring his pet pigeon, Dharmadoot with him. Dharmadoot was a white colored trained pigeon of Veerbhadra who was skilled to transfer letters setting up the means of communication. The specialty of the competent Dharmadoot was that it was intelligent enough to remember the places, the ways and the people.

Veerbhadra was sure if Dharmadoot met Aparajita for once, it would get easier to exchange letters between them thereby, brewing up romance between them. Veerbhadra chuckled as he mentally prepared himself to meet the queen in her palace the next day of course, disguised as a merchant but not removing the golden earrings. He wanted to see how much the queen observed and whether she would be able to recognize him or not.

❤❤❤

Hi everyone
So, I am back with an update. 💖
I am really sorry, I couldn't update it earlier. 😔
I will be back soon till then enjoy the bliss of your life and shower your love on this story with plentiful votes and lovely comments. 😍 😍
Your comments and votes give me immense happiness 😉😉😉
Love you all
💜