Chapter 8

Aurora Wilson

I was extremely shocked by his irrelevant question. I mean who would think that he would ask such a question?

I started my work. But he was just sulking. Is he a kid? Cause he is behaving like one!

Oh God, why is my partner like this? A freaking toddler? Am I supposed to do it all alone? No freaking way!

"Zayn" I called him.

He asked "What?" in an uninterested tone, without even looking up. Mannerless jerk.

"Well, Can you explain the reason for your sulking right now?"

"What? No, I'm not sulking! I'm doing my work. Now stop disturbing me," he said, almost whining.

I looked at his empty sheet of "WORK" which he pretended to do all the time and I couldn't stop laughing.

"Why are you laughing now? Tell it to me so that I'll also laugh with you."He said, still looking at the empty paper as if it had a picasso on it. He looks really adorable, right now.

"Adorable huh" my brain mocked. I decided not to respond to it. 

"I don't have a boyfriend." I said.

He looked at me immediately and asked "What?" His eyes almost fell out of it's sockets and his face lit up.

"I said I don't have a boyfriend," I repeated.

"Oh" was all he said as if he was uninterested by it. Drama King!

"Well, now you can start your work as I've graced you with the information you wanted." I said.

"I've started," he said, smirking.

"Are you done? If yes, show me your work," I asked as it's already been one hour. Time flies so fast.

"No. Not really. I'll show you later when I'm finished." he said.

"Alright then. Take your time. I'm leaving." I said as I started packing my things.

"Wait. Umm. Do you fancy a drink?" He asked, a bit uncomfortable. Completely hesitant maybe. 

"Why are you asking so soon? I just came, didn't I?"I teased him.

When he was searching for words I started, " I'm just kidding. I have to leave now. Thanks for asking anyway." and wore my jacket.

"Alright, then. Bye." he said, again a bit nervous. Was he expecting me to bite him if he said bye to me? 

"See you tomorrow Mr. Jerk!" I said and left his home.

Today wasn't bad. I still have no idea why he, I mean Zayn, came up with that question. He looked at me deeply when I explained to him about our topic. Only God knows what was running on his mind at that time. He looked at me as if he was adoring whatever I said. Maybe. Or maybe I'm just hallucinating. 

 Who knows? What if only I felt  that way and he just looked at me bored? What if he was sitting there listening to me only because he was forced to? What if he was thinking of a way to send me out of his mansion?

"Aurora, please stop with your stupid ass thoughts, and stop creating scenarios which aren't true." my mind said.

Maybe I should sleep now. If Kate was here we would be talking all night. But that crazy Kate isn't here!