Chapter 14: Sequel after the incident

Three years ago

"I'm home..."

The fifteen y/o boy said as soon as he walks in the house. He just finished school and went straight home which, is not how it usually be for him.

"Oh Hanjun-ah, back already?" his mother responded.

"Hum... there's nothing to do after school anyway..." he said in a gloomy tone. His mother just looks at him in sympathy because she knows exactly why his son comes home early.

Hanjun used to come home pretty late, he usually comes home when the day was about to get dark. This is because he spent the rest of the day after school with his best friend. But since she was not here anymore, coming home early is a regular thing for him now.

He throws his body on the couch right away with his face shoved downwards on the cushion.

"Why do you look so gloomy, son?" a man walks in the living room and takes a seat on the single couch next to Hanjun.

"Hmm? Dad?" he turns his head and peeks to look at the man that was now cleaning up his glasses with a cloth. The man smiles at him before putting on the glasses. Knowing the presence of his dad, he sits back up, not wanting to be disrespectful towards his father.

"Nothing... just tired. When did you get home, dad?"

"About an hour ago? I got my job finished early, so I can get home faster"

"Oh, okay..." he said then sighed, her eyes then stared at the ground.

His father notices his son's behaviour, he felt something not right with him. He felt worried seeing his son suddenly not being himself. He never sees him become like this in the past. To be honest, he already knows what happened to his son, he just didn't expect him to become like this.

"Is it about that girl?" his father asked, making Hanjun taken aback with his father's words.

"H-how did you know?" he became confused as how his father knows about what happened. The old man just gave his son a smile.

"Shocked? *laugh* Your mother told me about it"

"Oh..." he then stared the ground again.

"Jun, are you really alright?" his father asked him again. Hanjun sighed again before telling his father his true feelings.

"*shakes head* I can't stop thinking about her..."

He can't help but to do it. He knows that lately his behaviours are not right, but he just can't help it. Every day, every single time, every single minute, the images of the girl keep popping in his head. He tried to ignore it, he tried to forget about it, but in the end, he keeps dealing with the feeling of missing her.

The more he tried to forget about her, the more he yearns for her.

His father watches over his son with a concerned look. He gets up then went sit next to Hanjun, he patted his son back to ease him up.

"Don't be sad, Jun. Maybe it was a family matter. You know her father, right? He got a high position in a marketing company. Maybe he got something to do with his company that he needs to move out" his father said tried to console his sad son.