Cleared

"So! Lalisa Manoban?"

Lisa sat up in her bed, her hair pulled back underneath her beanie and an award winning grin plastered on her face. She nods her head, fidgeting with the sheets because she knew exactly what the doctor was about to say to her.

"You're all clear to head home!"

As soon as the words left the older mans mouth, Lisa whipped her head around to face me. Her eyes wide and nose crinkled as she waited for my response.

I give her a nod as the smile creeps up my face. The way she turned to me straight away, waiting to see how I felt about it all before even giving her own reaction.

The man in the white coat and scrubs speaks up one last time. But, rather than talking to Lisa, he turned to me. He was actually quite attractive. Young, brunette, friendly, intelligent. His dark eyes kind and gentle. I could tell he was happy for the young girl in the bed, absolutely beaming as she fidgeted with her fingers. "I'm guessing that you'll be the one to drive her home, Miss...?

"Park! And yes I will be the one taking Lisa home, so we're not waiting on anyone to come and pick her up."

The doctor nods. "Well, Lisa is 18 so she doesn't need anyone to sign for her release. She's able to sign for herself, but as you are listed as her carer, you can sign for her if you wish. We just need to know your relationship to the patient and whether or not Lisa gives her consent to you signing her out".

I turn back to face Lisa and she opened her mouth to speak. "She can sign for me I don't mind."

The doctor nods and hands me the clipboard. "Just sign at the bottom please! And make sure to state your relationship with the patient just here!"

Without a second thought, I give Lisa a quick smile and sign my name at the bottom of the release forms. Making sure to write 'Partner/Girlfriend' next to the blank space left for our relationship before handing the papers back to the doctor.

"Alright then! Lisa, you can head home!" The doctor and university trainees turn around and exit the room, giving both Lisa and I a smile as they walk through the door.

I rise from my chair and make my way across the room to my girlfriend, who is grinning from ear to ear. It's been a while since I've seen her this excited about anything.

"We can go home!" She pounces on me the second I sit down across from her, wrapping her delicate arms around my neck and kissing my cheeks.

<----------->

"The first thing I am going to do, is lay in my bed for a little while". Lisa had not shut up the whole ride home, just talking and talking about what she was going to do when we got home.

"Hey, that doctor was kinda hot, wasn't he?" I blurt out, Lisa going a little quiet in the passenger seat.

I can see her turn to face me out of the corner of my eyes. "Uh... no not really to be honest." I chuckle at her dry response and decide to poke a little fun at her.

"I thought he was really attractive, his dark eyes and curly hair. I mean... Damn." I struggle to hold in my laughter.

"Well, he was probably checking you out! You were sitting there in your cropped shirt and jeans. He was probably undressing you in his head"

I chuckle "Well I don't blame him!" Lisa gives me an are-you-serious kind of look. "I'm joking baby. How about we order something yummy for dinner?" I take her hand, still leaving my right hand on the wheel. Bringing it up so I can graze my lips against the back of her palm.

"Yes please! But... what about dessert? You have anything special planned for that?" Her voice instantly drops to a husky whisper and she presses her front against the side of my body. "Because I can think of something that I'm really craving".

Trying my absolute best to keep my mind focused on the road in front of me, ignoring Lisa's soft breathing in my ear. "I'll think about it".

Lisa sighs and leans back in her chair, still holding onto my left hand. "Good enough for me".

"Horny little shit."

I try and hide my smile when the girl next to me whips her head around, shock etched into her delicate features. "Hey!" A fist comes into contact with my shoulder, jolting my body sideways. "I have had to sit and look at you in casual wear and sweatpants for SO LONG! And you expect me to not be horny?" My laughter rings through the car as Lisa complains.

"I've managed to keep it in my pants Lalisa!"

She rolls her eyes. "Thats not what was happening three days ago before Isaac walked in?"

"Shut up, we are home!"

I yank the steering wheel and pull into Lisa's driveway, making sure to leave a spot large enough for Mrs Manoban to pull into the garage when she gets home from her trip.

The second the car stops to a halt, Lisa is out of the passenger seat and up at her front door, trying to get inside. Leaving me alone to haul both of our bags out of the backseat.

"Are you hungry, baby? I can make you a sandwich or something?" I call out to Lisa, who has disappeared upstairs doing God knows what. When I get no answer, I call out again. "Lisa?"

"Rosie! Come up here and lay in bed with me!"

I ditch the bags in the hallway and head up the stairs. I haven't been in this part of the house since Lisa's mother had a party and made Lisa show me around the house. So, it took me a few seconds to remember which room was Lisa's.

She was sitting on her bed. Her room hadn't changed much at all since I was last here. Just a few more things scattered on the floor. I'm guessing she was like me and barely left her room for the period that we were kept away from each other, because her room was definitely looked like it.

"I'm guessing, both of us barely left our rooms during the 7 weeks we couldn't see each other, hm?" When she nods, I plop myself down next to her on the bed and wrap an arm around her shoulders.

"You know..." She whispers. "I was scared that I would never be able to see you again. The way my mother reacted when we first told her, I thought we were done." Her voice goes quiet when she leans into my side. Memories of our time apart swirling through my head.

"Our 7 weeks apart were nothing compared to when I thought I actually lost you". I squeeze her shoulders with my arm. "I have never been so terrified about anything in my life, Lis."

The girl beside me turns her body and wraps me up in her arms. "We're safe now, baby." She kisses my forehead. "I've been meaning to ask you something."

I pull away from her a little bit and raise my eyebrows. "Hm? You have?"

"Yeah. Before James had been turned in I was scared for you to go home by yourself. Thats why I didn't let you go back to your own house, instead I made you go to Jennie's. So, I asked my mum if you could stay with us, and she agreed. I know that he has been arrested now, but did you still want to stay for a little while?  At least until she gets back from her business trip in 4 weeks?"

I sit back and let her arms fall off of me so I can look at her. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah of course, It will just be the two of us living here for a little while. If you don't want to sleep in my bed you can take the guest room and I'll help you get a few things from your house so you'll be more comfortable here?"

"Yes baby I'll stay. You still need help with everything. It will be nice, just the two of us for four whole weeks. Alone."

My girlfriend hums and leans back into me, her back pressed against my front. "Will we order dinner soon? I'm kinda hungry."