xxix. Here We Go...

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

chapter twenty nine | here we go...

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS had been spent cleaning Grimmauld Place, with Kaya and her friends trying their best to get out of most of it, attempting to hide in empty rooms and pretend they were cleaning them.

Kaya's hair had gone back to normal - but not before she'd had to explain to pretty much every member of the Order what had happened, and Tonks had smiled and said 'twins!' before shifting her hair to look exactly like Kaya's. George had walked in on the two of them and had to do a double take, which made the girls laugh.

Kaya's parents had gone back to their house a couple times to get some more stuff they'd forgotten to pack, including Kaya's phonograph and the collection of muggle songs on vinyl. She'd left it playing throughout the day as a bit of background noise as they cleaned the rooms, and, although at first, the twins were extremely confused by the new style of music, they'd grown to quite like the muggle bands. However, some of the lyrics did confuse them, at times.

They'd finally understood what songs Kaya and Jaeden had been singing on their first night at Grimmauld Place, because it wasn't long before they'd recognised them playing. If there was one thing they knew, it was that if Kaya ever did show them Grease, they'd already know most of the songs off by heart, anyway, thanks to the amount of times she'd repeated them.

Kaya and Maisie had spent hours in their designated bedroom during their free time, Kaya playing her guitar and even singing a few of the songs she'd managed to develop - for someone so blunt and riddled with sarcasm, she was surprisingly quite poetic - even though she didn't believe it, herself. Of course, she'd always resulted to singing and playing covers of her favourite songs, in the end. She was much more confident with them.

Unknowingly to her, Fred had stopped outside their door and listened in to Kaya a few times. He couldn't help it, okay? He knows it seems a bit stalker-ish, but he can't get her to sing to him, and he loves the sound of her dulcet, sweet voice. It made him melt - of course, he'd never tell anyone that, it was a bit embarrassing.

Kaya and Jaeden had managed to have a proper catch up with Maisie and Milo. They'd learned that Maisie and Stefan had mutually agreed that it was best to break up, as the distance thing wasn't really going to work, considering he'd never want to move out of Bulgaria, and Maisie would never want to move out of Britain, anyway. But she was quite cheery, she wasn't down about it, at all. They'd ended things on a good note, and that was probably the best way, in Maisie's eyes.

It was the day of Harry's hearing, and the atmosphere in the house had been tense from the moment everyone had woken up, desperate for the Ministry to let him back at Hogwarts. He'd left an hour or so ago with Arthur, and the rest of the children were supposed to be cleaning the upstairs bedrooms, although they were beginning to get bored.