40

***Ariel***

A few days later

"ARIEL? Where ARE youuuu?" Colton called out singing as I groaned and hid behind a pillar.

He had been irritating me so much, and even that's an understatement.

I just can't believe this is the man I had apparently fallen in love with - my taste was truly low.

Ricardo walked past as caught me hiding, and I quickly put my finger on my lips.

He looked around, confused until he heard Coltons voice.

"Ariel? Come on now." Colton called out, now frustrated.

Ricardo walked away, and pointed at me before Colton came up to me.

Thanks a lot Ricardo, I thought.

"Your auntie is calling you for your dress fitting."

Shit. The stupid dress fitting.

I had gotten to know my family over these past few days, and apparently I have no parents.

The truth is, I didn't want to get married - especially not to this whackjob. I'd rather spend the rest of my life drowning.

The wedding would be here, in Italy but my family would send me and Colton off for a honeymoon in Bora Bora.

The thought of staying in a plane alone with that man made me jitter.

"Ok." I pushed him off as he tried kissing me and I went out towards the car.

***

"This dress would suit her." My aunt said as I looked around the big ass wedding dress boutique.

"How much is this?" She asked the woman working there.

"That's 2 million dollars." She said before I choked on my coffee.

"2 million dollars? Do you come with it?" I asked the woman as I stroked the material.

My Aunt and the woman were unamused except Irina who let out a giggle.

"Try it on." My aunt urged and pushed me into a giant dressing room.

What I really felt like wearing to my wedding was a hotdog costume. The whole wedding was a joke, and so was Colton.

I put the dress on, and It hid perfectly fell over my baby bump.

But I hated it. Everything about it put me off. I walked outside, to see my aunt and Irina smile.

"It's beautiful Ariel." My aunt said with a smile. It almost seemed forced.

"It's gorgeous." Irina said and reassured me.

I sighed and my aunt bought the dress.

***

I felt so confused, so lost. Still the same I guess.

I don't know if I would ever be the same as I was before the memory loss.

I don't know if the old me would ever return.

I felt like I was being lied to by everyone, as if I was a gullible child.

I sat in the living room, watching a movie while eating popcorn.

Everyone stayed in Ricardo's house, and I felt guilty for him, but he said that he owed it to me after the "rape."

I just couldn't believe he was a monster - something was fishy.