Sit Still, Look Pretty • JJ(1)

1549 word count

Y/n's P.O.V

"Let's go pick out your dress for midsummers" My mom yells from down the stairs. "Yes mom" I say sweetly getting ready. I give one last look in the mirror and look at myself confused before walking off.

I was a Kook to say the least. My parents had money and I didn't dare disagree with them on any level. I was the perfect daughter some might say.

I listened to my parents, got amazing grades, never under or over dressed anywhere. "Your perfect darling see you after work" My dad tells me kissing my forehead.

I left with my mom at my side. "Where do you want to go first?" She asks me. "I saw this really pretty store going south" I tell her smiling. She nods driving in the that direction.

I never disobeyed my parents. I never did anything to ruin their "image". None the less I hated the fact that my parents didn't like the pogues just for the reason they didn't have money.

That I did disagree with. Although I never admitted to that. I didn't really have many friends. Yes I knew Kooks here and there but none I really liked. I mean every kook family wanted me to date their son or be bestfriends with their daughter.

As time and time went on, I wasn't feeling comfortable in the mold my family made of me. I wanted to snap or lash out but I know I couldn't.

While we were shopping I looked outside and saw the pogues running and laughing. I wanted that. I smiled at them having fun. A blonde boy looked at me and winked before continuing to run off.

I had spent a lot of time watching them. I already knew all their names. John B, Kiara, Pope, and JJ.

"Isn't this gold dress just davishing" She told me looking at the silk dress. I nod smiling showing no teeth. "It'll compliment that tan skin of yours while also showing your curves" She said winking. "Mom" I say rolling my eyes laughing.

"Go try it on" she said pushing the dress towards me. I grabbed it and went to go try it on.

It wasn't anything less than beautiful

It wasn't anything less than beautiful. I walked out to show my mom and she smiled. "Being gorgeous has its perks" she tells me and I just walk back in and change to my normal clothes.

We arrived back home and I got everything ready for tomorrow since It was gonna be midsummers.

"Darling would you go pick up some stuff we ordered" My mom said throwing me her keys and I just nodded. "I'll just walk mom" I tell her softly handing her back her key as she nodded.

I went outside and walked along the familiar side walk. "Hey what's the princess doing out so late" I hear Rafe's voice behind me.

I didn't respond and just kept walking. "Come on
y/n" he said grabbing my arm.

"Let go of me" I tell him pulling my arm. "Y/n" he said again grabbing my wrist.