THIRTY-FIVE

Hehehe....

Sophie and Edaline had spent the rest of the time that they had getting Sophie's prom stuff ready.

They bought tons of jewelry to match with the beautiful, off-shoulder red dress with golden accents. Edaline had also bought her make-up that Sophie knew she'd never use ever again.

Fitz was going to wear a black tuxedo with a red tie—so they would match.

"I'm so excited!" Sophie exclaimed to Biana over face-time a few minutes before Sophie was going to start getting ready. "I wish you were going,"

Biana smiled. "Yeah...well, I'm going to let you start getting ready. See you later,"

Sophie smiled. "Yeah, bye!" Then Sophie ended the call and put on her prom dress.

She called Edaline upstairs to help her with the zipper in the back before she slid her shoes on. Sophie did her own make-up—and did her best to tone it down as much as she could—before Edaline did her hair.

She curled it in beachy waves before she did it in a half-up/half-down braid. Then she put a shiny, golden barrette in her hair.

"You look beautiful," Edaline said as Sophie looked at herself in her mirror. She handed her the boutonniere she was supposed to give Fitz.

"Thank you," Sophie said with a grin.

She and Edaline both headed downstairs and Grady's eyes teared up when he saw her. "You look awesome kiddo,"

Sophie hugged her dad. "Don't cry," She told him. "You're going to make me cry."

"Sorry," Grady sniffed. "You've just grown-up so fast,"

Sophie opened her mouth to say something, but was cut off by a knock on the door. Sophie suddenly got super excited as she told Grady and Edaline goodbye.

"Have a great time," Edaline told her as Sophie walked to the door.

"I will," Sophie said, right before she opened the door to see Fitz standing there with a red corsage in his hand.

"Hey," He said with a grin. "You look...beautiful,"

Sophie smiled as her face turned as red as her dress. "You don't look so bad yourself,"

Fitz laughed as he handed her the corsage, and she handed him the boutonniere. Sophie put it on her wrist, and Fitz put his on the left buttonhole of his tux.

"Are you ready?" He asked, holding out his arm for her.

Sophie grinned as wide as she could. "Yes, I am,"

§§§

"Surprise!" Biana said as Sophie and Fitz walked into the school's giant amphitheater.

Sure Sophie was shocked to see her friend at Prom, but what was even more shocking was who she was with.

Standing, with his arm hooked with hers, was Tam Song.

"Why didn't you tell me you two were going together?" Sophie asked, her heart exploding with joy.

Her life was almost complete—now she just had to get Linh and Wylie to start dating.

Biana's face flushed red. "I wanted it to be a surprise," She said. "He asked me out and asked me to Prom when we planted all those pranks around Foxfire."