FORTY

Sad Chapter Alert!!!!

Summer was flying by like a breeze, and things were changing quickly. Biana had gotten her drivers license and had a shiny new blue mustang convertible, Tam and Linh spent less time with all of them because they were becoming Seniors and had to work extra hard, and Fitz and Keefe had also been distant because they were getting ready to leave for college soon.

Those months had been crazy and pretty much everyone had been running around like a chicken with its head cut off—but somehow they'd all survived it.

As Sophie woke up that morning, a stab of sadness hit her heart. Keefe was leaving for College the next day. He had to leave a few days before Fitz because it would take Keefe two days to get to the campus.

Sophie slid out of bed and slowly changed into a shirt and a pair of shorts before heading downstairs. Grady and Edaline were working with the animals, so Sophie fixed herself a microwavable breakfast burrito and a glass of milk.

After Sophie had finished eating she decided to go into town and get a few things. She had a plan for later that day and she knew that all of this stuff would be needed.

Sophie went into town and stopped at Walmart, Belk, Bealls Outlet, the Dollar Store, and Aldi. Sophie had gotten clothes, food, drinks, candy, and a few other things that were for her plan—she also got a giant, plastic tub.

When Sophie got home, she brought all the stuff up to her room and started working on the plan. She folded the clothes nice and neatly before putting them in the bottom of the plastic tub. Then she put down all the candy that she'd gotten: Snickers, M&M's, EL Fudges, Hershey's, bubble gum, and KitKats. Then she placed the food and drinks she'd gotten on top of the candy: Pretzels, Lemonade, Pepsi, Water, Cheez-its, fruit gummies, Chips Ahoy cookies, Oreos, chips, and Gold-Fish.

Then clicked the lid into place before writing with a sharpie marker: For your trip!

Afterwards, Sophie grabbed the tub—which was just a little heavy—and brought it outside and all the way to Keefe's house's gate. She pressed the button and smiled when she heard Ro's voice.

"Hello?" She asked, sounding bored. "What do you want?"

"I need to see Keefe," Sophie said with a laugh in her tone.

Ro's voice perked up. "Come right on in Blondie!"

The gate opened and Sophie walked to the front porch where Ro had opened the door for her.

"What's that?" She asked, starting at the tub. "Because if it's a dead-body, I'd like to know how you killed it."

Sophie couldn't help but laugh as she shook her head. "It's for Keefe."

Ro nodded. "He's in his room packing," She told him before shutting the front door and walking away.

Sophie nodded before climbing up the stairs with the giant tub. When she finally got to Keefe's room's door, her legs and arms were exhausted and she could barely knock.

So she yelled, "Keefe, let me in! It's Sophie!"

After only a second, the door opened and Keefe was there with a smile on his face, but it turned into confusion when he saw the tub.

"What's that?" He asked, pointing to it. "Because if it's a dead-body—"

"No," Sophie said with a laugh. "It's for you." She nudged it closer to him so he could see it. "It's got snacks and drinks and a few shirts that I saw and thought you'd really like."