lii. desperate lies

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑭𝑰𝑭𝑻𝒀 𝑻𝑾𝑶
❝ 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒔 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

ÈMILIYA HAD UNDOUBTEDLY AND UNQUESTIONINGLY IMPLANTED herself on the palm of Vera's hands and in her sweet, loving heart

ÈMILIYA HAD UNDOUBTEDLY AND UNQUESTIONINGLY IMPLANTED herself on the palm of Vera's hands and in her sweet, loving heart. The statement would be provided with evidence of Vera's current situation wherein she lies beside Èmiliya, sitting in a position with the little girl between her arms. Vera's dainty hands caress Èmiliya's blonde hair, soothingly brushing her hand up and down to assuage her to sleep. A ruffled book sits by the side of the wide bed, laying open with frayed parchment and inked words. Èmiliya is on the verge of falling to a deep sleep, struggling to remain awake with the warmth and comfort of Vera's voice and arms. They had gotten through two stories overall before Èmiliya decided she wanted to hear more about Vera than the stories in books.

Vera was halfway through explaining Legolas, an adoring smile on her face at the memory of her friend when she noticed Èmiliya's eyes drooping heavily under her exhaustion. Adjusting herself so Èmiliya could lie on her back comfortably, Vera shuffles out of the way and lets the little girl lying on her back completely. Pulling the silk sheets over her refreshed and clean body, Vera plumps the pillows behind her back before settling the girl down and brushing her hair one last time. Vera finds herself rather content with the actions she is doing as she has never prepared her own bed when she was a child, even till her adulthood; someone would have to do it for her as per castle protocol. "I suppose it's time for you to sleep," Vera playfully says, teasingly narrowing her hazel eyes to jest at the little girl. "You truly have tired yourself, Èmiliya, your lionheart will need to rest someday."

Èmiliya barely formulates a response as she leans on her side, her eyes finally closing with exhaustion, but the stubborn angel manages to let out one last statement before falling to the deep abyss and peaceful desire of rest and slumber. "You are a good Queen, your Majesty. I wish my Mama would meet you."

Vera stops her actions abruptly, glancing at the sleeping girl by the front of the bed, and sighing sorrowfully. A frown replaces her face, heavily landing on her perfect smile, and creating a rather worrisome facial expression on Vera's visage. She had never thought about Èmiliya's parents and the possibility of never being able to see them again. A young and beautiful girl like Èmiliya shouldn't have to experience such grief as losing someone who is most valuable to the youthful hearts of children. Vera could very well understand the concept of grief, having lost her grandmother and father before she could even comprehend anything going around her. To have lost someone without any memories made in the long years of life but knowing that they are important...it breaks your heart and you don't know why. Vera could never wish that on Èmiliya.