41

I walked through the empty hallways of Ricardo's place.

Remembering the time when I woke up from my coma, and seeing their unfamiliar faces around me.

Seeing how happy Ricardo was to see me awake.

But why was he happy to see me if I was just his victim?

Something felt really off. It felt like I was being played.

I stopped outside Ricardo's bedroom, which was across from mine, and then continued walking down the hallway.

His door opened and he walked out of his room, not noticing me until he lifted his eyes, and met them with mine.

We both froze, getting lost in each others eyes.

I tried searching his eyes for answers. I tried reading him, to see if he really was the monster everyone made him out to be.

I could already smell the alcohol and cigarettes from him, masking his usual comforting scent.

His stubble was grown into a beard - his eyes were dark and sunken in as if he hadn't slept for years - his grey eyes were dimmed down.

All I could see was that he was a broken man. He didn't seem like a monster to me.

I could look into his eyes forever, and I would be happy.

The clearing of a throat snapped us out of our trances and I turned to see Colton standing outside my room.

"Ariel? You ready for bed." He asked as Ricardo gave him a deadly glare.

Ricardo was undoubtedly way more attractive than Colton.

Everything about Ricardo seemed to pull me in towards him. His dark hair, his deep husky voice which had a hing of Italian accent. His stormy grey eyes that screamed power. His physique which was carved by the devil.

He was bigger and more built than Colton.

"Yea- I'm coming." He took my by the hand and took me inside my room.

Colton was out like a light, but I tossed and I turned, not being able to sleep.

All night, my mind raced with worries and thoughts, until my eyes finally felt heavy.

***

"Ariel? Wake up. Wake up Ariel. Honey buns. Wakey wakey. Ariel?" Annoying whispers filled my ears, and my eyes opened up to see Colton.

"I'm awake." I frowned and checked the time.

I was getting married today.

But I didn't feel as jolly as brides are on their wedding day.

***

"You look gorgeous darling." My aunt happily squealed as I looked into the mirror.

"Beautiful." Irina said in an overly exaggerated italian accent.

"Thanks." I said as they lifted my veil and threw it over my head. My aunt and Irina left me alone for a while in my room, as I got ready.

I looked into the mirror, scanning my baby bump.

That was a reminder of Ricardo. I was still carrying his child, which made my heart heavier.

"You look beautiful."

A warm voice made me turn to the door, to see Ricardo.

"Thanks. Will I see you at the wedding?"

He nodded his head.

"Isn't it bad luck or something?"

"Only if you're my ex." I joked, and there was a moment of silence.

"Take care of yourself, okay?" He said in a pained voice and quickly turned away before leaving.

And before I knew it, I was going to walk down the aisle.

***Ricardo***

"Dove sei? (Where are you?)" Rocco asked on the phone.

"The club."

"You're going to miss the wedding."

"Do you think I want to go and watch?" I asked with frustration.

"You aren't going to try and stop it?"

"What choice do I have? I have to keep her safe. Even if it means I'll never see her again."

"Bullshit Ricardo and you know it."

"Bye Rocco." And I hung up on him.

I sipped my whiskey and leaned my arm on the bar.

"Mr Romano?" I turned my head to see Roxy, one of my usual hits from before I met Ariel.

"Roxy." I nodded my head before turning back to my drink.

"Did you miss me?" She asked in an annoying voice.

"No."

"Oh come on, you didn't miss this." She turned around to show me her ass.

"Get the fuck out." I took my gun out and pointed it at her as she dropped her mouth open and left.

***Ariel***

The double doors opened, and I hesitated before slowly walking in.

I didn't want anybody to be by my side, I've only known my family for two weeks, and I didn't feel any connection yet.

Heads turned and watched as I took a step forward.

I don't know why, but it felt like I was missing a train.

Like I was running after it, and my chance was escaping.

Like the world was closing in on me.

I walked forward slowly, looking forward.

Colton stood at the altar and my family was seated as they watched.

It felt like forever until I finally reached the altar and Colton took my hand.

"Do you, Colton Westwood take Ariel Black to be your wedded wife?"

"I do." He gave me a reassuring smile.

"And do you, Ariel Black, take Colton Westwood to be your wedded husband?"