42

Silence filled the church.

"I..."

I looked at my uncle, who sat with raised eyebrows and and expectant face.

I looked at Irina, who looked worried for me.

I looked back at Colton, who waited to me to say something.

"I..I"

A sudden jolt hid my head, like lightning.

I reached to my head in pain, as I heard murmurs from around the room.

They say when you die, you get flashbacks from moments in your life.

But I had flashbacks I had never seen before. My own voice echoed in my head.

***

Ariel Black.

***

I never beg for mercy.

***

You love me?

***

I'll rip his son to shreds.

***

You know what? Fuck you.

***

I'd love to slap the smirk off your face.

***

"Ariel? Ariel are you okay?" Colton said as I laid on the ground.

"I'm Ariel." I whispered. They all looked at me with confused faces as my family surrounded me. Then I looked at Colton, a sudden wave of anger coming on. I smashed my fist against his face, knocking him back.

"Ricardo." I jumped up and ran back down the aisle, as everyone called my name.

"Where are you going!" My family asked.

I laughed as I ran out of the church, with Colton running after me.

"RUN ARIEL. RUN!" Irina screamed as she ran after me.

I threw my bouquet on the ground and ripped my veil off as I ran towards Rocco.

"Ariel, go back."

"Rocco, it's Ariel. I'm back!" I hugged him as he made a confused face.

"I need to find Ricardo, where is he?"

"He's at his club, I'll take you." He said with excitement, although I doubt he knew what was going on.

***Ricardo***

I didn't want to stay here any longer. I didn't want to be reminded of Ariel and my past.

"Matteo, start up the jet. I'm on my way."

***Ariel***

I ran out of the car and into the club with my wedding dress on, with Rocco running behind.

"He's not here." I said with disappointment and turned to Rocco who was speaking on the phone.

"The jet? He wouldn't." He seemed pissed.

He took my arm and we sat into the car in a hurry, before he fired up the engine.

"Where is he? Rocco!"

"He's on his jet, he's about to take off."

"What? Are you fucking kidding me?"

Rocco floored it through the roads, racing towards the airport.