Trapped

C H A P T E R   1 3RYUJIN'S POV

C H A P T E R   1 3
RYUJIN'S POV

It's Monday night, and I have no plans on doing stuff. I wanted to pull an all-nighter because I'm not really in the mood to sleep, but I also thought I should sleep because we have P.E classes tomorrow, and we have to run on the track field.

While laying on my soft bed, I suddenly heard a knock on my window.

Am I dreaming? Or am I hearing things? Why the hell would someone knock at my window? Especially at midnight?!

I was scared to look at my window, but I did anyway. There he was, Beomgyu. Gripping tightly on the outside frame of my window. I immediately opened it for him to come inside.

"Are you a lunatic?!" I shouted in a whisper, afraid that my parents will hear me.

I closed my window because it was cold outside. Obviously, just seeing this guy shivering, serves justice to the coldness of autumn. It's almost winter season though.

Suddenly, he pulled me to him and hugged me. He rested his head on my shoulder, and I was frozen. What the heck is this boy thinking?
Then, I heard soft sobs from him.

I pushed him gently away from me, to check him. His eyes were swollen, and he was crying.

"Crybaby," I teased him, and the frown from his face went away, replaced by his smile. That's better.

"What happened?" I asked him.

"My parents are fighting again. Told you my life's a fucking mess," He said as he looked down on the floor.

I wiped his tears and looked at him eye to eye. I smiled.

"It's okay. Everything is going to be okay," I said.

He smiled at me, and I felt my heartbeat rise. I looked away and furrowed my eyebrows, confused with what I just felt.

"Can I stay here tonight?" Beomgyu asked. My eyes widened, shocked by his sudden question.

"Why here? You have tons of friends! You can sleep with them," I said, walking towards my bed to sit.

"Well, I have a reputation to keep. My friends don't know about my family's mess, and they can't see me like this," He said, pointing his swollen eyes.

"Well you do have a point," I said.

"Stay here," I said and left my room to see my parents.

I asked them if I could borrow one of our extra mattresses because I want to sleep on the floor tonight. A pretty dumb excuse, but that's all I have. They didn't question this and gave me a mattress. I kissed both of them goodnight and rushed back to my room.