Chapter 1

"Come on Cinder, help me pack all this!" exclaimed Iko.

"Stars above Iko, we're only staying in the Commonwealth for a few days." sighed CInder.

Cinder had been the queen of Luna for a few months. She had gotten used to the imperial palace and being addressed as "your majesty." But Cinder hated wearing elegant gowns and dresses. She still preferred her cargo pants. But that wasn't going to happen, not on Iko's watch.

The people of Luna weren't all excited as a cyborg as their queen, but they had gotten used to it. All the guards in the palace were completely loyal to the person who sat on the Lunar throne. However, some of the wolf packs weren't fond of the idea. Every once in a while there would be protests in some parts of the outer sections by rebels. Cinder had done everything in her power to make sure the outer sections were living a happy and sustainable life. There was never less for anyone to eat and the conditions of the people living in these sectors had become a lot better.

It was only a few days ago when Cinder had received a personal invitation to the Commonwealth ball. Now and then Cinder would comm Kai for an update on the political conditions or they would discuss the distribution about the letumosis antidote or talk about the relationship between Earth and Luna with the other Earthen leaders. Sometimes when Cinder got some time she would just comm Kai to talk about unpolitical things. Honestly, Cinder just missed Kai. She missed his beautiful eyes, movie-star grin, and messy dark hair. Cinder never had enough time to visit Kai. Ever since inheriting the throne, Cinder found it difficult to find free time. She would either be supervising the economic conditions of the outer sectors or would be doing some queenly stuff. Before leaving for Earth, Kai did ask Cinder if he could give her dance lessons. But they could never find time for that. Cinder had promised to be Kai's date for the ball. So when she received the invitation she knew she would have to go.

Just a day before their departure Iko started packing all of Cinder's things. After hours of packing, they were finally ready for the next day.

Iko was even more excited than Cinder. Even Cinder was surprised when Iko got a personal invitation from Kai. Kai had promised Cinder to invite Iko to the ball, as androids weren't allowed. In the invitation he told Iko that she could bring a date if she wanted to, or otherwise he would arrange one for her. He had also promised to send invitations to the entire Rampion crew.

~~~

They were finally going to Earth. Cinder and Iko (her royal advisor) entered the spaceship with Kinney (the queen's most loyal guard) beside them. Winter and Jacin were already on Earth due to their last diplomatic mission in helping to smoothen Earth and Luna's relationship. As Winter was a Lunar Ambassador she spent most of the time around Earth visiting the different countries with Jacin.

Their spaceship had finally reached Earth. Cinder hadn't realized how homesick she was before. Even after living in Luna for months it never truly felt like home. Though living with Adri never felt like home. It was truly her experience on the Rampion. Staying with her friends all those months on a small spaceship, that was what truly felt like home. Well, it was more like being with the entire Rampion crew.

She was nervous about the Earthens. Even after everything Cinder had done for Luna and Earth, she was pretty sure most of the Earthens despised her for all the crimes she committed during her time in the Rampion. Of course Kai had forgiven the entire crew and pardoned them, but it didn't change how the Earthens thought of the new Lunar Queen.

The spaceship slowly landed on Earth. The door finally opened and there he was, the Emperor of the Commonwealth standing outside to greet her.

STAY TUNED FOR MORE CHAPTERS...

~book_x_nerd