20 | spoons and poems

Jimin's pov:

*earlier that day*

"Hey babe, I'm home!" I stepped inside our apartment after work and dragged my feet lazily to the kitchen to get some food. My body was slightly aching after the intense workout and non-stop dancing all day. I was getting used to it day by day but it was still pretty hard since I'm the type of person to push myself to the limit.

"Hi—"

"Aah!" I jumped and quickly turned around, I was about to smack the person in front of me before realising it was Yoongi who quickly grabbed my wrists. "Oh- jesus christ you scared me.."

"Who did you think it was? Not like anyone else lives here apart from us." Yoongi rolled his eyes and I placed my hand on my racing heart.

"I don't know! You know well I'm jumpy especially since I thought you still might've been at work. Why didn't you answer me?" I crossed my arms and gave him a pout to show that I was upset.

"I didn't hear you, I was in the bathroom. Relax babe, I'm sorry okay?" The older sneaked his arms around my waist and kissed my pouty lips.

As usual I couldn't resist so I gave in and just kissed him back. "Okay fine." I opened the fridge and took out some leftover food before going to the microwave and heating it up.

"You know how I went out for coffee the other day with a friend from work?" I turned around to face Yoongi again who was preparing himself some tea.

"Um yeah I think you mentioned something like that. What about it?" He asked and turned his whole attention to me while waiting for the water to boil.

"Well he invited us over for dinner this weekend and I wanted to know if you're okay with that. He really wanted to meet you and have some guests over since he's home alone a lot of the time from the injury."

Yoongi sighed. "Well do I have a choice?"

I rolled my eyes. "Of course you do have a choice, it's not like I'm making you go that's why I'm asking you." I knew it was going to go like this, Yoongi wasn't really the social type of person and anything that required him to go out and talk to people took a bit of convincing.

Yoongi thought for a moment. "Is it far?"

"I don't know yet, he hasn't sent me his address but I don't think it is. I mean I dropped him off at that park near town last time so it should be pretty close since it only takes us like 10 minutes to walk there." I got the food out of the microwave and sat down by the small table to eat.

Come to think of it I'm not sure why I still don't know where he lives since we became quite close already. But before I could put much more thought into it Yoongi sat across from me after he made his tea and spoke up.

"Maybe I'll go but it will depend on my mood that day." He poured some sugar into his tea before stirring it slowly.

"I'm fine with that. How was work by the way? Did you manage to get some lyrics written down today?" I asked and began eating.

"It went shit, I've been stuck at that one part for over a week now and the deadline is coming up. Jae is gonna be pissed if I show up with some crappy lyrics, I'm not very good at that cheesy, lovey-dovey stuff." He complained.

"Well just think about me when you write about love, I know you can be romantic and cheesy in your own way." I winked at him knowing it will rile him up.

Yoongi didn't say anything, just stared at me. I waited for some kind of reaction and I started to get impatient.

"Your eyes are like crescents that shine like the moon, I'm drinking some tea and mixing it with this spoon." He held up the spoon in his hand for comic relief and I didn't know if I was meant to laugh or not.

"Baby you have so much class, let me fuck your ass." He continued.

"Okay I think that's enough. I get it." I started laughing.

"What? You wanted me to be poetic, do you not like it?" Yoongi raised one eyebrow pretending that he's mad, but I knew we were just joking around.

"No no I love it so much that it makes me want to puke, thank you my love you're oh so romantic." I said exaggeratedly.

Yoongi just sipped his tea and I could see he was holding back that smile of his that I loved to see so much.

"Jokes aside, you'll do fine. Just don't get too into your head and you'll come up with something I'm sure of it." I reassured him and finally saw a glimpse of a smile forming on his lips.

"I know, thanks."

After I finished eating and washed the dishes I remembered something.

"Oh I forgot to tell you something. Jungkook mentioned that his old neighbours used to disturb them at night and to get revenge they played pranks on them. What if we annoy those noisy neighbours next door that kept fucking non-stop?" I grinned at Yoongi who gave me a knowing look.

Before I knew it we ended up in the bedroom.

_____

Um hello..

So I just wanted to apologise for being so inactive and ruining my weekly update schedule. Writer's block is a real bitch let me tell you that.

Anyways I hope everyone is doing well and thank you SO much for 40k reads already like??? the number just keeps growing and I'm still shocked how this book got so much attention.

Also thank you for all the comments, I read every single one of them and I love just laughing at all the weird shit some of you come up with.

Now let's just hope that I'll be able to write more easily again, this whole quarantine got me so lazy and unmotivated to do anything lmao I've just been going back and forth between playing games and watching netflix. Let me know what you guys been up to these past few months in lockdown I'm curious to see if I'm the only one.

Anyways sorry for the long author's notice I'm out! 💜