66

Y/n POV

Cocoa and I stuff our faces with ice cream, attempt to sing along with exo, stray kids, and bts songs, and watch unus annus videos until her parents tell us to sleep. My house is usually better for sleepovers; no bed times, we can sleep in the tv room downstairs, I can jump out and scare the shit out of her for eating the last piece of pizza without any questioning looks from her parents, etc. We can't watch horror movies at her house because her parents usually make us stop them halfway through so we can sleep, and she gets paranoid when she doesn't know how it ends. She gets scared really easily but seems to always want to watch scary movies. After several videos, huddled over one phone, the door opens and her dad's head pops in. He tells us to go to sleep, so she turns off the phone. He turns out the lights and leaves, closing the door behind him. We usually just talk until we fall asleep unless we have no tea to spill. She speaks up.

Cocoa: so?

Me: what?

Cocoa: why were you in Chicago? How come people were talking about you being picked up by a limo? What gives?

Me: ah, hehe, you see...

I scratch the back of my neck.

Cocoa: yeah?

Me: i was invited to a bts concert and I-

Cocoa whisper yells at me.

Cocoa: WHAT

Me: well-

Cocoa: WHO INVITED YOU?

Me: oh well um... Suga did...

Even in the dark, I can see her eyes narrowed and and her eyebrow raised.

Cocoa: okay but seriously though, like, who actually invited you?

Me: suga

She scoffs.

Cocoa: hilarious. Y/n why are you lying?

Me: I'm not.

Cocoa: I know you're lying. You're a liar.. Is that what you want to be? A liar?

I glare at her. But I guess if I were her, I might not believe me either. But she knows. I hate being accused of lying and she knows that. I had a phase. I struggled with compulsive lying because I needed attention. I didn't have a lot of friends, family thought I was being dramatic, stuff like that. I've stopped but she knows that it bothers me.

Me: fine. I'm sorry I lied. A friend I met online invited me.

She sighs.

Cocoa: it's okay just don't lie anymore, I thought you were over that but I guess not. Also, don't trust people you meet online. They're creeps.

A lot of my best friends are people that I met on Wattpad. The people I meet in yoonmin and taekook fanfics are the people who seem to best understand me. I scowl inwardly.

Me: yeah, okay.

I roll onto my other side with a sigh.

Me: the concert was cool though, you probably would have loved it. Anyway I'm tired. Goodnight.

Cocoa: goodnight.

After a while her breathing gets a bit heavier and slows down, so I know she's asleep. I turn down the brightness on my phone and check the time. 12:30. I turn off the phone and sit it down. I try closing my eyes, I try adjusting my sleeping position, but I can't sleep. I check the time again. 3:51. I text Tae.

Me: hey Tae

He responds immediately.

Tae: hi

Me: I'm bored

Tae: same

Me: so entertain me

Tae: how?

Me: i don't know do you watch unus annus?

Tae: what's that?

Me: it's a YouTube channel it's really funny

Tae: well then no, no I don't

Me:

Tae: okay then

Tae: okay then

This conversation is far to dry to keep alive.

Me: Gn

I leave the chat but still see the text.

Tae: Gn

I go to my messages with suga instead but I can't really think of anything. So I just send a goodnight text instead.

Me: Gn