Chapter 11

"Who did this?  Everyone? "

Maxwell-sama was about to cry when we found out that the costume we made with so much effort and time were now in mess.

No one answered and avoided Maxwell-sama's gaze.

I was sitting at the corner with head hanging low listening to them defending  and denying.

My heart turned cold when I found out what happened to the costumes we workded so hard for.

"If it's messed up, why not just replace it? "

One of the kids suggested as if what happened was nothing to get us all worked up. 

"Yes yes,  just make a new one or have it replaced"

Seconded by another kid.

"But this.. These are"

Maxwell-sama was lost for words and didn't know what to say.

I was actually trying to calm myself down and just let it past since what was done was done but some giggles sounded form the other side.

"What are giggling for?  Might it be you guys were the one who did this? "

Triggered,  Maxwell-sama snapped and asked the girls who giggled on the spot.

I raised my head to see who it was.

The girl in the middle raised her eyebrow and chuckled.

If I remember it correctly, these were the girls who fought for the female lead role. There were three girls and if I'm not mistaken the girl in the middle was named Emily Dott, of the Dott family.  This girl is a typical rich spoiled brat but unfortunately for her,  her house was not that wealthy or powerful enough for her to be qualified as Haute Monde member even though she is an ojousama just like me.

As mentioned,  Haute Monde seeks for qualified students from well known family and the qualifications which was set by the founders of Haute Monde is extremely harsh.

"I'm sorry, I thought it was some kind of rag that I accidentally messed it up. "

She answered with a sneer that made my head itch a moment.

This girl helds grudge to Haute Monde members because she wasn't invited to be a member even if she had requested for it many time already.

Added to that fact was me,  her classmate,  also suggested something regarding the female lead role which made her lost the chance.  And I can see her hostility being thrown to me everytime she had the chance.

I choose to keep quite about it and ignored it since such trifling matter doesn't bother even for a bit but what she done was already out of the picture.

I silently took a deep breath trying to calm my trembling hands.

I am not used to being domineering and all mighty and I'm scared of confrontations but I don't think I can still hold any longer.

"Emily-san,  why just you do such thing? Didn't you know the presentation's approaching and we don't have enough time to mend these all"

Maxwell-sama was frustrated that he had to ran his hand through his hair.

It was a cool action that the girls got lost for a moment.

But..

Oi!  This isn't the time for that tch.

"My,  that's saddening to know.  What to do~~"

Instead of apologizing, Emily-san seems to be enjoying this misfortune.

"You.. Emily-san,  you have to take responsibility for all of these"

Maxwell-sama answered and Emily raised her brows.

"Ehh?  But I don't wanna~"

I was staying silent all the time and watched all the scene unfold. But Emily's gaze landed on me with an annoying smile plastered on her face.

"Ara?  Bettina-sama,  aren't you an Haute Monde member?  I believe you are very capable to solve this, right ne~?"

This bitch-!

Fwaahh~~ Wanna strangle her to death.

I looked at her nonchalantly and approached Maxwell-sama.

"Maxwell-sama,  let bygones be bygones and I shall help you solve this problem"

I tried calming Maxwell-sama who looks like in the verge of collapsing due to all the stress he's facing.

Oi.  What are you expecting from a 4th grader kid?

"My~ how benevolent of you, Bettina-sama."

The girl beside Emily commented.  I didn't looked at her and continued on making Maxwell-sama calm.

This kid had it enough and I can't bare to see him suffer anymore.

"Hey! You guys!  Aren't you being too much?!  Instead of apologizing, you dare smile as if nothing happene!?"

One of the kids who can't hold it any longer spoke in angry voice.

"Apologize? My,  it's not like it was intended ne~?

And so, the argument went on just like that.

Instead of meddling with them,  I took the initiative to fix the costumes and some who felt apologetic helped me with it.

Maxwell-sama also returned to his senses and did the same.

Emily and gang was still commenting with unpleasant words.

******

My girls who heard of the news flew into rage and I almost wasn't able to stop them from confronting Emily's gang.

They were so enraged that they kept on gritting their teeth while helping me and Maxwell-sama fix the costumes.

Since we were lacking in time and man-power,  we decided to work on it overtime that I had to skip my after class lessons.

Luckily with the girls efficiency and our deligence,  we were able to fix the costumes just enough to be used for the presentation.

And now,  Emily and gang is starting to get so full of themselves that she kept on confronting me without holding back anymore.

Example,  when we passed through each other,  Emily would smirked and intendly bumped unto me saying it wad an accident and wouldn't apologize. There was also a time that she would contradict my opinions or whatever I do inside the class.

I let it slide since I treated it as a kid's tantrum.

Let it slide my ass!

As if!

My girls are on the verge of getting berserk that they cannot wait to completely erase that smug face of Emily amd gang.

Girls sure are scaryyyy~

Huhu get me out of here,  oi damnit.